Flight track of where i've flown

dzubot

I love flying!
Is there a way to show where I have flown on the skyview display during a flight? I do some survey work and this would be very helpful if the system could draw a line where i've flown, can't find any settings in the skyview for this

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There aren't breadcrumbs within the system, but you can export the user data logs and use tools like saavy analysis to see your previous flights.

dzubot

I love flying!
I’d really appreciate it if this was something that could be added down the road. I know about the exporting of data and analysis from savvy, great feature but I really need to see exactly where I’ve flown if I’m flying a pipeline with Lidar, so I can tell if I’m a little off to the right or left of where I neeed to be. It’s not easy when you are flying low, can’t see what’s straight down, but if I could see gps flight track of where I’ve flown so I don’t refly the same area that would be pretty awesome. ForeFlight also doesn’t have this feature.

tomkk

RV-12 ELSA
Don't know about for the iPad but there are a number of tracking apps for Android. I use one of those and export the track in gpx format for later use/analysis. Works pretty well.

Maybe there are similar stand-alone tracker apps for the iPad ...

kellym

I love flying!
If in radar coverage, you can see your flight on FlightAware.com

I think most are missing the fact that the poster needs IN FLIGHT track history so he can adjust what he flies over while in flight, not to review after landing. Unless he has on-board internet, none of the internet tracking tools help one bit.

Raymo

I love aviation!

I think most are missing the fact that the poster needs IN FLIGHT track history so he can adjust what he flies over while in flight, not to review after landing. Unless he has on-board internet, none of the internet tracking tools help one bit.

Could be but it doesn't say that in his post. A good problem statement goes a long way toward getting what you want out of software :)

swatson999

Could be but it doesn't say that in his post. A good problem statement goes a long way toward getting what you want out of software :)

I figured it out...seemed pretty obvious to me.

dzubot

I love flying!
Yes I need the ability to see my flight track while i'm flying not post processing a file to look at it after i've flown it. For survey work you want to know exactly where you've flown a line in case you have already flown that area, it's not easy knowing exactly where over the grown you have mapped out since you cannot see directly below you. So i'm looking for a way to see my flight track as i'm flying so that when i'm mapping a valley I can tell what side of it i've already flown.

mmarien

Murray M.
If you had an Autopilot you could layout a grid to fly. We laid out a course for the Grand Canyon so we could spend the time sight seeing. You could use ForeFlight or Google Earth to layout the course.