FllightDEK-D180

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There is already a queue and our production will be continuous as it always is. However, our thorough calibration process limits the rate that units ultimately go out the door. I'd estimate that the order queue is at least a month deep from the time we start shipping units.

W

Werner(Guest)

Hello Rusty,

if the dataloging right now is important you can buy a rs232 logger there are many differnet products around eg. http://www.zen30649.zen.co.uk/product_antilog.html which will give you what you want right now (I'm working on a little 3*2inch linux data logger with webinterface for that purpose).

Werner D-10/A 120 hrs EMS-10 30 hrs

13brv3

Thanks for the info Werner. I sent them an email to confirm whether it will record from both serial ports at the same time. If so, it would probably do what I need, but of course it's also pretty pricey. I've been told that a serial data recorder shouldn't cost a tenth of what these folks are charging, but I haven't looked into making my own. Maybe I'll wait and see how yours comes out :) In the mean time, I already have a laptop for datalogging purposes, but it will be in the passenger's seat. That's fine for the initial flights, but once I get past the test time, I'll need to use that seat for people.

Cheers,
Rusty

Krzyzewski

FlightDEK-D180 Connector Genders

:(

Having wired my D180 connectors based on advice received from Dynon support on this group on February 7th I now note with some dismay that the two DB25 connectors are NOT the same gender as previously stated. For those pre wiring for the D180 you need to ignore the previous advice from Dynon and download the D180 installation manual.

I will say that having the two DB25's of different genders is a lot more sensible than having them the same.

Tony

admin

EuropaKiwi,

We apologize for the confusion. I assume you are talking about this post where we discuss wiring up the connectors as you would a D100 and D120. That is still true. We hadn't meant to give you the impression that the two DB-25s were the same gender as each other. Rather, the DB-25s are each the same gender as their counterpart on a D100 and D120 respectively.

Again, we apologize for the confusion.

13brv3

It's here

The UPS guy brought me a D180 today.  I powered it up for just a minute on the internal battery, and it looks mighty cool  :cool:

I also received one of the Antilog serial data loggers that was mentioned by Werner.  Sadly, I have to go out of town for work for a number of weeks, and won't get a chance to play with the new gadgets until I get back.  

Thanks Dynon!

Rusty (new toys, and no time to play)