Fuel Level Table

waiter

I know this has been covered, but I'll ask again:

Is there anywhere that I can edit the Fuel Level Lookup table.

What took hours of reconfiguring my fuel system, then emptying / refilling tanks, could be done in about two minutes of editing the lookup table, Looking at the sensor calibration sheet for one of my level sensors;  2.63 volts is empty (2630 = Dynon value)) , 1.65 volts is full (1643 = Dynon Value) , The tank is liniear and I have the calibration sheet from the factory.

I spent about three hours to calibrate the level to the Dynon, I'm not happy with the results and will not do this again. Its to much of a pain in the butt, and I don't like the hazard of defueling / re-fueling my tanks in order to re-perform a calibration of the sensors that was already done.

PLEASE - Provide a utility that I can edit the lookup tables. If not, at least give me a hint of where to look in the raw EMS backup file.

I looked in the raw backup but didn't see anything obvious, maybe my next step is to convert the AD values to Hex, then see if/where they show up in the Raw backup file to see if there is a coorelation there.

Waiter

waiter

Is there any way to perform a two point calibration, EMPTY and FULL.

My fuel system uses two 17 gallon tanks that are crossconnected. Each tank has its own level sensor. In order to calibrate using the current method, I need to remove and plug this crossconnect, calibrate each sensor, drain the tanks, then reinstall the crossconnect. RPITA.

Waiter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't have the ability to quickly accommodate either of those requests, but here's a thought: Since you know the two end point resistances, could you use a single variable resistor of the right size to quickly do a multi-point calibration?

waiter

I was thinking the same thing.

Disconnect the probe and temporarly hook up a variable resistor that can output the correct voltage. Then set the voltage using a digital voltmeter to coorespond to the sensors calibration table. Tell the Dynon Calibration routine that Fuel was added.

I'll put together the circuit and try it this weekend.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Waiter