HDX HDX Display Problem

mikemalone

I love flying!
I have installed 2 Skyview HDX displays. Aircraft not yet flying. I had successfully installed the displays and other Dynon products, including EMS 220, ADAHRS 200/201, Autopilot Servos/Panel, XPNDR 261, COM-X83 and Knob Panel. After some time since all the electrical installation work, I switched the power on and now have a problem with display number 2 (no problem with display number 1). The display starts, goes through its test sequence and ends up with the red cross with the messages 'EMS FAIL' at its centre and 'MAP UNAVAILABLE WHILE DATABASES LOADING.' Shortly afterwards, the display turns off. The fans still operate at this point. I was also quick enough to press the CAUTION button and recorded the following messages just before the screen powered down: B/U BATTERY UNAVAILABLE, SINGLE ADAHRS, COMM RADIO PANL OFFLINE, EMS FAIL, ADAHRS FAIL, AP PANEL OFFLINE, KNOB PANEL OFFLINE, SOFTWARE MISMATCH and B/U BATTERY TEST NEEDED.

I recently updated the databases on display 1.
The second display does not appear in the list of Dynon equipment under DISPLAY HARDWARE EQUIPMENT.

ned

I love flying!
Software mismatch warning is probably a clue to the issue. Make sure both screens have been updated.

mikemalone

I love flying!
Software mismatch warning is probably a clue to the issue. Make sure both screens have been updated.
Thanks for the reply. That's possible, but how do I update the software when the display turns off before I am able to do this?

DBRV10

Just power that screen up by itself, not the already updated screen. Then hold down the two right hand buttons and update the firmware on it. Then do a network discovery and ensure all items are up to date.

RV8JD

The forums are not considered an official technical support channel. Contact Dynon Support directly for help. See "Technical Support":

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We wouldn't expect a software mismatch to cause the display to shut down, but it would definitely cause things to not communicate and work together.

This smells like it might be a hardware thing, but it's worthwhile to try updating the software on that display. After it does its power down thing, I'd probably start with manually powering down the "good" display by pressing and holding button 1, and then trying to power up the other display by either pressing and holding button 1, or if that doesn't work, by pressing buttons 1/2/5 together (assuming ship's power is on, this is the "reset" key combo that should reboot things unless something is wrong)

mikemalone

I love flying!
We wouldn't expect a software mismatch to cause the display to shut down, but it would definitely cause things to not communicate and work together.

This smells like it might be a hardware thing, but it's worthwhile to try updating the software on that display. After it does its power down thing, I'd probably start with manually powering down the "good" display by pressing and holding button 1, and then trying to power up the other display by either pressing and holding button 1, or if that doesn't work, by pressing buttons 1/2/5 together (assuming ship's power is on, this is the "reset" key combo that should reboot things unless something is wrong)

Thanks for the reply, Dynon. I did as you suggest and no change. The display shuts down as I first described above.

I’ll send you the display and you can test it for me.

Regards,
Mike Malone