Hobbs & Tach time not recording

paul.mcallister

Hello,

I have a new to me aircraft with D120 / D180 panels. The aircraft has an IO-360 and it doesn't seem to record hobbs & tach times. Is this a setup issue?

Thanks, Paul

Rhino

Doesn't record, as in store, them, or doesn't display them? Hobbs works off tach, so you won't get Hobbs without tach.

paul.mcallister

Currently the Tach time is showing 21.8 and the Hobbs is showing 31.0 and the values never change when I fly.

paul.mcallister

Another update. Currently the Tach time is showing 21.8 and the Hobbs is showing 31.0. I went into the setup menu under Global Settings and reset both of them to zero but when I exit setup mode the values are still displaying 21.8 & 31.0. It might be a fat finger problem on my side but if it is then its not obvious to me.

If anyone has some ideas for next steps I'd appreciate it.

Rhino

Did you press BACK before exiting the menu? If you did, you need to contact Dynon Support. Your unit may be faulty.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
As a old timer here that used to support the D10/D100 series back in the day, hobbs counts when oil pressure is alive (above some threshold), and tach is ratiometric to the RPM. Does the timer/clock work? That's another piece (that would only affect hobbs, I think, technically. So I can't think of any reason that it shouldn't be counting, and I don't think there's any other discrete setup you should have to do for those to work.