How to 'downgrade' Skyview System Software?

cvogelfly

I love flying!
It is possible to re-install a previous version of a Skyview System Software over a new one? For exemple: Version 15.0.1 over 15.3.3.

The reason I want to do that is because I need to reinstall the actual version again (over an old one) to try to reinstall my transponder firmware. It is not responding anymore (XPDR FAIL).

Thanks!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's not a generally supported operation, but no version of system software will let you change your transponder software if it's not being seen at all. You should probably get in touch with our support team for further help teasing out what might be going on here. Did the transponder stop working randomly, or after you tried updating the software? If the latter, we'll need to see it here for sure.

cvogelfly

I love flying!
Hello!

I've already got in touch with your technical support. It was after I tried updating the software.

I'll appreciate a lot if you can help me reinstalling the software without sending it back to you, if any chance, this is possible.

Thanks a lot,
Carlos.

Raymo

I love aviation!
You will almost certainly have to send the transponder back, since it did not take the update successfully. Reinstalling the Skyview software will not help.