IHDX install problems

pylotttt

I am just finishing up the install of my HDX to my RV-6a and am having a few issues.
1) trim worked before install, now when I push any of the 4 buttons and let up the motor runs for 6 seconds. this happens in all axis's.

2) Dynon intercom has no sidetone. I can hear the com radio fine with the intercom power turned on but the volume knob doesn't change the volume. If I increase the volume at the com radio the volume does increase. If I turn off the intercom power all audio goes away. I cannot hear my voice at all. I will try to transmit the next time i'm at the plane and there is other traffic around to see if they can hear me.

3) EMS sensors that use 5v not working. I have the manifold pressure, oil pressure, and fuel pressure connected and most of the time the oil pressure has a reading of 112 psi even though I have the max set to 99. The engine is not being run. The manifold pressure indication is x'd out. When I tried to check the 5v at the sensor connector to ground I find that the red/wht wire has no voltage. when I monitor the signal line going to the EMS it shows 5vdc on each of the sensors.
I also am using the 5v to monitor the trim indicators. I'm goin to disconnect them to see if it affects anything. The trim indications work fine.

Any suggestions that you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Rob

pylotttt

1) turns out the G205 was wired with gnd to the NC contacts and the NO had 12vdc. Removed the 12v and connected the ground to the NO contacts.

2) no side tone- I had swapped the outside 22 wires on the jacks.

3) 5v intermittent- found a poor solder connection. I had used the connections that have a heat shrink cover and a band of solder inside. Knowing that they often don't get the solder through all the strands I pre soldered the connection then slid the shrink over the joint and used the heat gun. Still ended up with a bad solder joint. Unfortunately I used these for about 40 connections behind the panel so I am worried that I may have more problems later. I recommend just solder and heat shrink, don't use the cheap solder sleeves.

Raymo

I love aviation!
Good work. Solder sleeves should only be used for bonding shield grounds to the shield. Others may disagree but I prefer soldering wires, with recommended AeroElectric solder and flux.