June download

funflying

Will I have any issues downloading the new firmware to my D100 that I have been operating since Feb? And other than a different look, will the existing functions still work the same if I am able to download?

The way my D100 is working now has been great!! :eek:

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Not 100% what you are asking. You can put the new firmware on any D100 that we have ever made. They will all act the same.

Mel

I plan to upgrade to the D10A shortly after the new firmware is available. With my GPS-296 hooked up is there any way I can have the "V-Nav" needle displayed on the EFIS?

Mel

mcook

I'm sure the Dynon guys will eventually weigh in, but the answer is no. The portable Garmins don't output the vertical nav info. Shame, I had a 396 and now a 496 and would love to see vertical guidance on the HSI and even have my TruTrak fly it.

But...no dice.

--Marc

funflying

Sorry for any confusion. My original question is simply -- Will the new format and upgraded firmware download to my existing D100, or is this for just all new units after sun-n-fun? :-?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Every single D100 in existence can use the new firmware. All firmware upgrades we come out with are free for all customers and it doesn't matter when you bought your unit.

Krudly

What date will the new update be loaded to the website??????? Trying to get it loaded before the next trip

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't have a firm date available. Our current story is still June.

N747PW

Forever hopeful. Being in Engineering for more years than I care to count, when engineering says "June", it means June the 31st. Yes, I know there are only 30 days in June.

Pat

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We've run into a few bumps in beta testing but it is still looking good for this month.

We've also added a few features that we weren't expecting to. We're now doing fully automated LOP and ROP detection without any manual leaning, and we can get vertical guidance from a 396 / 496 ;)

AUSboy

:p I have been patiently waiting...its like xmas as a kid! The last few days take forever.

Will the vertical guidance feature be available from a Lowrance GPS?

and what are you doing reading this anyway....get back to work and get this sucker finished! :D

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sorry. Only the 396 and 496 units send out vertical guidance over the serial line. We can't display what isn't sent to us.

They don't trust me to write code, so don't worry, answering questions on the forum isn't delaying your software at all ;)

flyer2377

Has anyone tried to to connect the RS232 output from Garmin GNS-480 to Dynon D10A. Wondering if it will work or will I have to wait for the HS34...

Regards

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The 480 doesn't work great with the current firmware, but the firmware that we expect to release this month should support horizontal data without the HS34. Vertical data will probably require ARINC-429 and thus the HS34.

flyer2377

Is the Vor/Loc output from GNS-480 RS232 or Airinc 429...What type of switch should I use to connect to pin 22 of D10A
using Garmin GNS-480 and Garmin 250XL
Thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You'll only get GPS data from the 480 with our current software. The VOR data comes out over ARINC 429 for sure, and it looks like it might come out over serial as well, but we don't have any support currently planned for the serial VOR data.

You can use any single pole, dual throw (SPDT) switch to go from one GPS to the other.