Larger screen

• Thread starter Mickey Coggins(Guest)
  • Start date
M

Mickey Coggins(Guest)

I guess you've heard it a thousand times, probably a FAQ, but any plans for a larger screen?

Thanks,
Mickey

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Mickey,

Short answer: Yes!

Long answer: We don't have a specific timeline or feature set to offer yet. We've got several products that we'd like to release over the next few years, and are still sorting out all the details. You can be sure that when we're ready to post more information, you'll see it here and on our main site.

Thanks for the question.

mbuc310

Yes indeed, us old fat retired guys raising new babies need a larger display!!!! Actually, I say your system at the Copper State Fly-In in AZ last year and loved it. I am going to build a Velocity D-5 and install the D10A or the next version you have. I hope the display is a bit larger!
Matt

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We are very close to sending out press releases with more information, but right now, we can tell you that we will be taking orders on July 18th for the EFIS-D100. This product will have a 7" diagonal screen and will operate in much the same way as our EFIS-D10A, with some features to be added in software in the future. It will retail for $2395 and will include the EDC-D10A remote compass. We expect to begin shipments during Oshkosh.

F

frank(Guest)

I saw the 7 incher at Arlington...It was dry inside the tent!...It looks just wonderful. Apparently a future software upgrade will allow both EFIS and EMS data on the same screen.

Looks very useful for setting up cruising mixture.

Nice job guys!

Frank

mog70

I saw the 7 incher at Arlington...It was dry inside the tent!...It looks just wonderful. Apparently a future software upgrade will allow both EFIS and EMS data on the same screen.

You are right it does look fantastic..... You must have been there on Friday. The tent was the only place dry; although it was the first time I have seen the grass green instead of burnt brown.

Cheers Geoff

lgingell

I know that there is a press release coming, but can you let us know the dimensions of this new unit?

Thanks,
..lance

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
6.75" W x 4.7" H x 4" D are the APPROXIMATE dimensions of the actual unit. We will have the absolute dimensions of the unit and the mounting bracket available later this week.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As we mentioned above:

Orders will be taken on July 18th, beginning at 9:00am Pacific time (online).

Delivery is expected to begin during the week of Oshkosh (July 25th-31st)

Lead time: That matters how many we can get built per week and what order number you are. If you're order #1, your lead time is expected to be one week ;)

R

Rick Frost(Guest)

What is the brightness (in nits) of the new large screen?

Thanks,

Rick

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
A bit above 400, which is just a bit under our current 4" display.

daveoregones

Larger screen great stuff, but I built a very custom panel for the smaller one. You will support the smaller unit for all time right? ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Well, "all time" is probably a bit too long, but we are continuing to sell the D10A (4" display) and have no plans to discontinue selling or supporting it.

R

Rick Frost(Guest)

A bit above 400, which is just a bit under our current 4" display.
Is it possible/practical for me to upgrade the backlighting and increase the screen brightness? If so, what is the cost/brightness tradeoff? (Everything else about the D100 series sounds great.)

Rick

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Upgrading the backlighting on an LCD is a lot of work and is quite expensive. You would need to find new CCFL lamps, open up the LCD to install them, replace the inverters that drive the backlight, and probably power them from your own power supply as our supply is sized for the current backlight load.

Of course all of this would void your warranty and could also change the calibration of he unit causing it to not perform as expected.

While the D100 does have a slightly lower brightness rating than the D10A, the D100 has more area per pixel as well as larger fonts, so we believe it will be as easy or easier to read in sunlight than the D10A.

macbean

:mad:
I have a new, Dec. 2004, D10A and would rather have the 7" display. The D10A has not been out of the box. I would like to trade up to the 7". I was told at OSH that this isn't an option but, that I should try and sell the D10A and then buy the D100. Is there something wrong with the D10A? I have a Super Rebel with lots of panel space and just wanted the bigger display for my old eyes.

Thanks,
Don J.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Don,
There is nothing "wrong" with the D10A. The D100 is basically a D10A with a larger screen. We haven't done any upgrades to the sensors or algorithms inside the unit. We are continuing to sell the D10A and expect that many customers will still go with the smaller screen.

We think the 30 day money back guarantee is extremely fair and as good or better than almost any policy you will find from any company. No company can afford to have their customers carry their inventory for 8 months and decide to return it. It costs us money to deal with returns, and in most cases we can't resell the returned product as new. If we had a longer return timeframe we would have to pass these costs on to all of our customers.

We always suggest that our customers not buy modern, computerized avionics from any vendor until they are ready to install them. Technology in this field is always changing fast, and new products come out all the time.

D

Dave Boxall(Guest)

I'm panel planning at the moment. Do you have final sizes and a mounting diagram for the D100 yet. I'm going to get my panel laser cut & I'd rather do it from a drawing than by measuring the unit when it comes.

A .dxf file would be lovely!

Dave