Latest FAA ADSB Refund Program

D

DHeal

I need to upgrade my SV system from my current SV-XPNDR-261 / SV-GPS-250 combo to the 2020-compliant SV-GPS-2020 version. Does the FAA's latest refund program apply to this $590 Dynon upgrade?

Raymo

I love aviation!
The rules for meeting requirements are posted on the FAA site link below.

https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/

n456ts

Do not write below this line
It sure would be nice, but I don't think the rules have changed. As noted in the first round, just adding the new GPS would not qualify. If you didn't have the xponder, then you could apply, as you would be buying the GPS and xponder.

I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong, so I can sign up. I too need to buy the newer GPS puck.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Our understanding that the rebate applied only to the installation of both the ADS-B Out emmiter (transponder in our case) and the position source (SV-GPS-2020). This is actually an improvement since last time. Now our SV-GPS-2020 is listed as acceptable, whereas last go-round it only applied to the transponder when paired with an external position source like an IFR GPS navigator.

n456ts

Do not write below this line
When signing up it states "I will install Technical Standard Order (TSO)-certified ADS-B avionics on or after 10/12/2018; aircraft detected with ADS-B Version 2 avionics prior to this date are not eligible."

It sounds like a SV-GPS-2020-only upgrade won't qualify, correct?