Loading Charts from OzRunways

eddies

Hi Guys,

One of your announcements alludes to the ability for users in Australia to buy map subscriptions from OzRunways, when will this be available as I'd love to upgrade to charts that make sense in this part of the world?

Cheers
Eddie

bevan

I love flying!
You can download the Australian maps, georeferenced airport diagrams and approach plates from AvPlan EFB now.

Bevan..

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Eddie:

The capability for SkyView to use charts from OzRunways will be included with SkyView firmware v13.0 which will be available soon.

As to the availability of charts for SkyView from OzRunways - that is up to them. You will buy and download them from OzRunways.

Hi Guys,

One of your announcements alludes to the ability for users in Australia to buy map subscriptions from OzRunways, when will this be available as I'd love to upgrade to charts that make sense in this part of the world?

Cheers
Eddie

Langdon

I love flying!
You can download the Australian maps, georeferenced airport diagrams and approach plates from AvPlan EFB now.

Bevan..
The Dynon charts will be usable in the next Dynon software release, coming very soon after AirVenture. The AFS charts are usable today with the current AFS software release.

DerekH

I love flying!
I'm attempting to load (access) the VFR charts that are loaded on my USB (I have the key loaded as well) .

What is the process for the skyview to access both these files that are on my USB? I'm looking for the exact keystrokes

To save anyone asking the question, I had loaded the latest firmware update V13

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Press MAP then LAYERS. You should have TERRAIN and then some other options, which should be your various chart products.

You will only have the MAP button if the map is currently displayed.

DerekH

I love flying!
Thanks for your reply.

When I press the MAP PG button there is no option called LAYERS

Maybe V13 hasnt loaded correctly ?

The V13 file I downloaded yesterday and loaded today was 13.0.2

I just checked your site and it looks like 13.0.3 is now the latest ???

eddies

Out of curiosity why is this process completely different to what we did previously to load other vendors map data such as pocketFMS?

eddies

Press MAP then LAYERS. You should have TERRAIN and then some other options, which should be your various chart products.

You will only have the MAP button if the map is currently displayed.

Ok once at this point in the menu how do we load the new map source? This whole process is not very obvious, and honestly just a little confusing?

Regards
Eddie

bevan

I love flying!
Eddie, feel free to give AvPlan a call on 03 8370 3024 and we'll get you up and running

flyingboy

I love the Avplan mapping working on both my SVscreens. Great work Bevan and Dynon it is fantastic.

Cheers

Hugh
;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ok once at this point in the menu how do we load the new map source? This whole process is not very obvious, and honestly just a little confusing?

Eddie,
You don't load the data onto the screens. You put the data on a USB memory stick, plug that into SkyView, and leave it plugged in. It's completely different from PocketFMS data, which is copied internally and is used to draw airspaces, airports, etc, and has data for those airports like frequencies. Ozrunway data is chart data, which means it is a scanned image of a chart, but SkyView doesn't know what the image is other than where you are on the image.

Have you followed the instructions on our Ozrunways page?

http://dynonavionics.com/docs/support_software_SkyView_Charts_OzRunways.html

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks for your reply.

When I press the MAP PG button there is no option called LAYERS

Maybe V13 hasnt loaded correctly ?

Can you take a picture of your screen in the MAP menu? LAYERS has been there for about 2 years, so even without V13 it should be there.

sunfish

I love flying!
Let me get this straight. So the OZrunways chart is just a scanned raster image.

Do I still get frequencies, boundaries etc via having pocket FMS loaded as well? Or do I lose all the pocket FMS intelligence by switching to OZrunways charts? Can I have both loaded and swap between them? Is pocket FMS available as a backup in case a USB stick drops out and I lose Ozrunways??

bevan

I love flying!
Sunfish, you can have both PocketFMS and the raster charts loaded at the same time. Once the raster charts expire the PocketFMS data will still be usable.

You can selectively turn on and off the raster chart underlay.

If you have any questions, give AvPlan a call on 03 8370 3024.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ozrunways and PFMS are complementary. You can have both loaded at the same time, and you can switch between them, which is exactly what the LAYERS button is for.

Bardample

I love flying!
I have installed Skyview ver 13.0.2 and have downloaded Ozrunways map info and key on the USB stick. With the USB stick in the Skyview port, and on Map menu, pressing Layers fails to overlay Australian Hybrid VFR map as stated in instructions.

Can any one proffer an explanation as to what I have or haven't done?? I do have PocketFMS av and ob data installed and up to date.

Another problem I have is that Ver 13.0.03 fails to copy from my saved download to my USB storage. thanks Jeff

Banyena

I love flying!
Hi Jeff I have a simlar problem I loaded 13.0.3 and had no problem with it but the Ozrunways does not show and I still only have terrain as a selection under layers contact with Ozrunways has not solved the problem and the answer from them was the same as from Dynon giving the order to put the the map and key in but this still does not work so that makes 2 of us it would be interesting to know if there are others