Map view inside HSI

Raymo

I love aviation!
Another vendor has this in their new product line and would be a great feature to add to the Skyview. Have the map inside the HSI allows a larger PFD view versus split screen PFD / Map.

CGameProgrammer

I love flying!
Agreed, I literally never use the synthetic vision or even the PFD's compass widget so the PFD half has a lot of wasted space. Having the option of replacing the synthetic vision with the moving map would be awesome.

Raymo

I love aviation!
Just to clarify, I fly with PFD / MAP but want to fly with PFD full screen or 80/20 with the EMS in the 20. You have to have the PFD view to see airspeed, altitude and a number of other items that are only in that view.

With dual screens, I sometimes run EMS / MAP on the right screen and full PFD on the left but the glare of the sun sometimes makes the right screen hard to see.

CGameProgrammer

I love flying!
Oh you're describing the opposite of what I was thinking. I find the only useful parts of the PFD are the left edge, top edge, and right edge, where the altitude-related, airspeed-related, heading and wind information is. The entire center area, where the synthetic vision is, is useless to me.

Attached is an extremely crude mock-up; imagine the map covers the green areas. All the PFD info is there (aside from attitude indication) but with a moving map replacing the synthetic vision.

Attachments

• Untitled_001.png
    Untitled_001.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 237