New Dual Band ADS-B for SkyView / AF-5000 Systems

ebke-zenith

I love flying!
To clarify my question, I have already put my name on the list to trade in my 470 to upgrade to the 472.
Has Dynon been sending out units to people who applied to upgrade?
Am concerned I may have missed notification to proceed. Wife may have deleted email, of course , accidentally.

mrdaud

Received mine about 2 weeks ago. I was probably one of the first on the list. Getting ready to ship back the old 470.

tedbain

San Antonio
I also got mine almost 3weeks ago and Dynon has received my 470. Flight checked the 472 status with FAA and everything is good.

E

ed.meyer

Just got my call verifying shipping and credit card number Thur or Friday and I signed up a few days after the original announcement.

kellym

I love flying!
I also got mine almost 3weeks ago and Dynon has received my 470. Flight checked the 472 status with FAA and everything is good.
???
FAA would not have any information on what you receive, only what you transmit on the Out transmitter, presumably the Dynon/Trig unit.
So your report from the FAA should be the same with 470 or 472.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
To clarify my question, I have already put my name on the list to trade in my 470 to upgrade to the 472.
Has Dynon been sending out units to people who applied to upgrade?
Am concerned I may have missed notification to proceed. Wife may have deleted email, of course , accidentally.

We're going down the list (there are hundreds of you!) in order, but you can also give our sales team a ring at 425-402-0433 in if you think you may have missed a notification.

turbopilot

Got my exchange SV-ADSB-472. A much smaller unit.

IMG_9657_HDR-L.jpg

dwightsmall

I love flying!
I installed the dual band -472 a month ago and all is well. However I am considering changing to the 978 antenna to maximize reception in marginal areas. I make a long summer Cub trip each year from Tucson to the upper plains states and from previous experience I know that reception is spotty, especially at the usual Cub altitudes. Immediately after installing the -472 I got a good check from the FAA ADSB. Referencing Ted Bain's previous comment: The FAA somehow DOES know that I now have a dual band receiver because it shows that on the FAA compliance report. The previous report showed single band but this one came back showing dual band. I'm very happy that I quickly made the decision to go dual band. Doing this helps close another gap in what can show on my display. My non-towered airport, Marana, AZ has a scary mix of traffic and a lot of it including gliders, balloons/blimps, jumpers, biz jets, ultra lights and foreign students with poor English.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
When you install the 472, the transponder automatically starts sending out that you have a dual band instead of a single band receiver. That's how the "FAA knows".

However, the FAA flat out doesn't care if you have ADS-B IN on board in terms of the 2020 compliance report, nor do they know or care if it's mis-configured. So it's a great check that your system is configured the way you expect, but the FAA will never fail you for what is set there because they have no way to know if it's correct.

It's fine if you want to, but there's no reason to re-run a compliance check after installing an ADS-B IN device, because the 2020 compliance check is inherently only about OUT.