New Dynon system for my plane

schwbo

I love flying!
I’m designing a new FlySynthesis Texan EVO with retractable gear and Rotax 915is engine. It will be used in Europe.

I would like to fit a Dynon SkyView HDX dual 10” screen system. I thought of the following specs

1) dual screed 10” HDX skysview with dual ADAHRS
2) auto pilot
3) 8.33 MHz radio
4) ADS-B our transponder
4) intercom
5) panel knobs for A/P, and SV.
6) dual backup battery
7) engine kit for 915
8) Dual USB ports connected to each screen

Questions
1) can you please help me with the exact equipment do I need
2) so you know if the 912is kit you have is also adequate for the 915us?
3) is the ADS-B out transponder good for Europe?
4) should I consider VP-X power box?

Schorsch

Before the touchscreens arrived, I was very tempted by the 5) panel knobs for A/P and SV bugs. Then I swapped in a touchscreen for my previous non-touch, and it works so great that I’m no longer tempted at all to add the panel knobs. :cool:

Raymo

I love aviation!
The Dynon selector website should help you determine which items you'll need, like AP servo harnesses, AD-AHRS and harness(es), network cables and hubs.

http://pricing.dynonavionics.com/

Most items tie into the SV network via a DB-9 harness. The length of each will depend on location of your equipment.

jakej

2. No reason why you can't use the existing sensor kit for the rotax, may need minor changes like Map sensor but that is unlikely, IMO it's virtually the same kit except for fuel injection & turbo.
3. Transponder will work after all it's built in the UK & all their equipment is EASA capable.
4. If you want a neat, easy to install system then the VPX is the way to go - I've installed many of them in the last 6 years & I consider this type of bus sytem is the way to go particularly if you follow the install manual (& the electrical backup suggestions).
Pm me if you wish.