New Feature? Virtual Glide Slope with Dynon GPS???

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
After installing the update to fix the GPS 250 loss of time issue I have only had one flight.

A new feature was apparent in that in using the "direct to" button to two different airports, using the Dynon 250 GPS as the navigation source, the glide slope display was active and appeared to be working properly to display a 3 degree glideslope to each of the airport runways. This obviously can be a very beneficial feature. Has anyone else noticed this display? :D

preid

Sounds great! unfortunately, as much as i would love that, I sure didnt see it- going direct to airport/ direct to rwy nothing new; no new vertical line appearing.
Maybe your using the HSI or some feature I dont have enabled.

mmarien

Murray M.
I believe there always has been vertical guidance if you have VNAV setup in settings. On the following screen shot the purple V in the vertical speed indicator will take you right to the altitude above the waypoint at the specified vertical speed that you have specified in the VNAV settings.

SingleScreen.png

When I was using my GPS495 for NAV the vertical guidance appears next to the HSI.

VGuidance.bmp

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I believe that as of the latest software, the VFR guidance to airports/runways is still expressed in terms of an overlay on the VSI. We'll be making a shift to showing it as a glidepath, but I don't think that was in 15.3.5.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Actually, it sounds like you're running the preview version that of 15.4.2 that technical support has available for people to test the fix for the loss of time/gps rollover issue. In that case, you're seeing some (very short) future behavior there that isn't documented (because it's not part of an official release).

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
Actually, it sounds like you're running the preview version that of 15.4.2 that technical support has available for people to test the fix for the loss of time/gps rollover issue. In that case, you're seeing some (very short) future behavior there that isn't documented (because it's not part of an official release).

YES, I am running the technical support software. This is another very nice future feature addition that I applaud Dynon for working on. :)

RV8JD

How does one get access to the 15.4.2 version?

Some guy posted the links for v15.4.3 that he got from Dynon Support on VAF:

Verbiage:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1344773&postcount=4

With the links:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1344778&postcount=5

---> Note that v15.4.3 has not been released via Dynon's Support website page yet.  So it may not be officially blessed by Dynon for general use!

skyboy999

I love flying!
Like the sound of this feature. Would it be possible for someone to detail in simple steps what I need to do to use? Thanks guys