Next release

preid

As the dust settles on 3.3, Starting new topic to get feedback on what may be on the list for the next release.
ADSB weather/traffic? per the other topic question
VNAV- something like a handheld Garmin that tells one how many fpm is estimated to reach the destination airport- not certified IFR GPS driven but Dynon driven.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Both weather an advanced autopilot are two of our highest priorities, but, we don't yet have a list of features that will make up the next release. Thanks for your patience though!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Both weather and advanced autopilot are two of our highest priorities, but, we don't yet have a list of features that will make up the next release. Thanks for your patience as we work towards 3.4 though!

RV6-KPTW

Should we start a advanced autopilot wish list? Here are some non-obvious features that would be helpful.

- configurable and easily selectable roll/pitch sensitivities for enroute and approach.
-easily selectable straight and level vs last hdg/alt button. Yes - this can be configured but is slightly difficult to reconfigure in flight.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
RV6-KPTW,

[this post edited for clarity after initial writing]

On your second suggestion... 

When you hold the disconnect button to engage the autopilot, the HDG/TRK and ATL bugs will sync with the current heading/track and altitude if the SYNC button is toggled on in the AP MODE menu for that axis. That only applies to the initial engage via the disconnect switch though, but that might be useful to use to get what you want by using the SYNC toggles dynamically, and then tapping the disconnect switch to disconnect the AP, and then holding to engage to cause the bugs to follow the SYNC mode toggling.

Once the AP is engage, a press and hold of the disconnect switch does indeed follow the following rules, per the AP setup menu:

* HOLD HEADING/ALTITUDE holds the current heading and/or altitude when you exit control wheel steering mode.
* LAST HEADING/ALTITUDE returns the aircraft to the heading and/or altitude the autopilot was set to before you entered control wheel steering mode.

Does the disconnect and then hold to engage as suggested above accomplish what you want closely enough?

RV6-KPTW

I did not understand your first paragraph reference to first engage vs any subsequent engage. Is there a behavior difference between the intial vs subsequent press of the disconnect?

My experience is that if Sync Buttons are set to Sync, the AP disconnect will sync hdg / alt irrespective of CWS config for Hold current Heading or Last Heading. Is this the correct behavior?

As for the background on my second suggestion, given the behaviors noted above, lets say an IFR departure is being performed, CWS should be configed prior to departure to Last Heading and Sync Buttons off, heading / alt bugs set to desired and disconnect pushed at the appropriate time in the departure to capture desired preset hdg/alt. This config scenario works fine.

Moving forward to the next flight, that configured behavior may not be desired - assume a VFR departure and at some point, an urgent need to just hold hdg / alt - if pressing the disconnect at this point (and I have done it - forgetting what I had configured) you get whatever the bugs are set to and the mad scramble starts to set bugs (and recover from what george was set to do).

Of course, prior to pressing that disconect, you could go into the AP menu for Hdg and Alt and set sync then press the disconnect - its a couple of buttons to click and the head is down for all that while flying.

I suggest that a straight and level button would be helpful. Similar idea to the 180 button.

To directly answer your question, I have what I need for today closely enough. Just making wishes.

Thanks

Rene

my personal wish list
- flightlog (ATD, landing, flighttime, if possible ICAO Departure + landing)
- enlargement of the fontsize (mainairspeed, mainaltitude, EMS ..)

preid

Support;
In the last release there was mention of Virtual VOR. Is that still planned? I assume one uses the GPS or does that require a NAV radio to use?
Is there any plans to change the Vfe (grayish) band to a more white/stand out color?
Any plans to add Vx and Vy?

Thank you!

Edwardoc

I love flying!
Virtual VOR capability is my request. It is extremely handy and I used it a lot on my BMA before it quit. :)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It fell out of 3.3, and we haven't quite gotten to firming up 3.4, so hard to say right now.

mmarien

Murray M.
I was just looking at GRT new HXr offering. It almost looks like they have been monitoring this forum.
[list bull-bluesq][*]Use of tablet as an inexpensive backseat EFIS
[*]Display of widgets on the PDF including gauges and map inserts
[*]3D route on PDF
[*]remote XPNDR/COM/NAV managed from PDF
[*]Almost unlimited interfaces
[/list]All pretty impressive and all discussed on this forum. I can imagine there was a slight collective shutter over at Dynon at this release.
I like where EFIS technology is going but the aesthetics of the Skyview still has my vote. Well it did before the big font issue. ;) Take a close look at inserts verses the split screen. It would probably take a major rewrite of the graphics but is number one on my list of desirable features.

rfazio1951

Fazio's wish list:

Virtual VOR
Weather
Highway in the sky
A NEW ONE: Vertical Power's, Runway Seeker Software on my Dynon Skyview screen.

preid

Both weather and advanced autopilot are two of our highest priorities, but, we don't yet have a list of features that will make up the next release. Thanks for your patience as we work towards 3.4 though!
I know this was brought up before but as we near a near future release, is Dynon putting out a hardware solution for Weather?  or simply a way to view weather on the display via 3rd party (Navworx)? How would it interconnect with the System? Skynet or a need for a serial port? ( I realize this is not in 3.4- looking for future planning with this question)
What functionality is being added to the "advanced autopilot"?

Thx

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
ANSWER EMBARGOED UNTIL OSHKOSH

Stay tuned. We'll have much more to say real soon.