Next release

rogersmart

I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT WEATHER, SOUNDS LIKE AN ANOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK, I HOPE VERTICLE COUPLING TO CERT GPS IS CLOSE AS WELL AS DISPLAYING APPROACHES FROM CERTIFIED GPS. BUT LETS GET ON THIS TABLET INTERFACE IDEA, WOULD BE GREAT FOR THE BACKSET OF MY RV-8.

rvator51

SteinAir posted this on the VAF forum today;

New Dynon ADS-B for Skyview

Another ADSB receiver announced today...I'll copy part of Dynon's release below:

...This remotely mounted receiver module integrates with the SkyView system to provide easy access to weather and traffic information on top of the detailed navigational information SkyView already provides.

At an MSRP of $995, the SV-ADSB-470 is the most affordable permanently mounted ADS-B solution on the market and has been designed specifically for experimental and light sport aircraft. It is powered directly from aircraft power and utilizes an externally mounted antenna for superior performance.

Weather is displayed graphically and textually on SkyView, and includes NEXRAD radar, METARs, and TAFS. Airport weather data can be chosen based on nearest or by airport identifier.

By combining the SV-ADSB-470 with Dynon’s existing SV-XPNDR-261 Mode-S transponder module with ADS-B out, reliable, accurate traffic will be provided to the SkyView system, even without a certified GPS on board. The ADS-B system requires the aircraft to be ADS-B OUT equipped before traffic information is provided, and Dynon’s Transponder is fully DO-260B / ADS-B out certified so SkyView owners will receive a complete traffic picture any time ADS-B services are available. Nearby traffic that is a threat will generate an audio alert so that the pilot does not need to keep looking at the screen to be alerted to nearby aircraft...

johnsteichen

What does the ems unit need in order to register UND% on the screen. I am currently not using all the engine function sensors for reasons I won't go into

swatson999

What size of antenna? Assuming this will use Skyview Network to communicate w/ the system? Will it need additional power other than what is provided in SV-NET? I'm *just* about to close up the aft fuselage for the last (HAHAHAHA) time, but more than that, my wires are about to get more encapsulated, so if I need to run additional power and ground, I'd like to know now so I can do it while things are still open. Same for antenna, etc.

Thanks!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
John,

RPM, MAP, Fuel flow, altitude, OAT.

And you need a Lycoming or Continental engine.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It uses serial, not the SkyView network. It also requires aircraft power and ground.

The antenna is basically another transponder antenna.

swatson999

Thanks...any other connections needed? GPS serial out, XPDR, etc.? Or just Serial and Pwr/Gnd?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No, this type of weather and traffic data is not broadcast in any other countries except the USA. There are other products that can get traffic in Europe, but not weather.