Oil pressure Sensor

flyingforfun2004

I am not getting a oil pressure reading it stays on 0 bar. Dont panic i have tested with a manual guage and i do have pressure.

I am using the new type oil pressure sensor (Honeywell 3 wire) I have a couple of questions do i have to take the 12 v from the dynon or is it ok to take it from my 12 volt bus ? I ask as this is how i wired it and i didnt want to rip it out if i dont need too.

2. Should i connect the ground ? I can see the sensor wire links using the 200 ohm resistor to ground but should i connec the black on the sensor to ground or not. I assume it will be grounded to the engine anyway.

Regards
Kev

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The oil pressure sensors we know of are two wire, not three. If it's three wire, it probably isn't supported. The ones we have here only have red and white wires.

There's a drawing of how to support the newer sensors on page 3-6 of the D120 install guide. You can use the 12V out from the EMS or the aircraft bus.

19fx57xl106

I love flying!
I have a Jabiru 3300 with the standard oil pressure sensor supplied with the engine. I'm wiring this into a D180, do I use the wiring instructions for Jabiru and Rotax on page 3-6 in the installation manual to do this. If so, will a 220 ohm 0.5W resistor be ok to use instead of the 200 ohm resistor in the instructions.

cheers
VFR

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Changing the resistor value will change the pressure reading substantially. It does need to be 200 ohms.