Oil temp fluctuation

TimJBennett

I also a have an issue with oil temp fluctuation on a D120. Changed the sensor but at around 180 degrees there is a 40 degree fluctuation. Fiddled with wiring and connectors but still have the issue. Is there a two wire temperature sensor I could use?

Raymo

I love aviation!
Ensure you have a good, clean ground between engine and the D120. The engine should be well grounded to the airframe/battery, of course.

Last edited:

Audibabba

Verify the sensor type number is correct in the setup>sensor section. I had a type 1 set instead of type 4 and I had the jumpy readings despite cleaning the grounds repeatedly. I regret it took me 13 years to find this solution for me. It might be helpful for you to check.

Audibabba

This took me 13 years to resolve and it was something stupid I kept missing. I have cleaned a lot of grounds! I, also, ran the extra wire to the engine. In addition, I installed a larger capacitor on the ignition ground because it seemed to be affected (it would stabilize) with the alternator off.

TimJBennett

I will check the sensor set up. Also thinking of putting a two wire GRT sensor on board to replace the Dynon sensor. Not sure if this will cause software issues.