One CHT reads high

sstearns2

When I power up my Dynon Skyview classic system about half the time the #1 cylinder CHT reads about 20 F higher than the other cylinders with the engine cold. It's about 80F right now and three cylinders read about 80F, but #1 reads 102F. That cylinder in also erratic in flight at times. I just replaced the CHT sensor and #1 still reads 20F high. The engine in a Lycoming IO-360 PV.

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?

Thanks,
Scott

DKNORR

Which connector are you referring to? Is it the connector on sensor or on DB 25. I have the same problem.

jdubner

It's the Electronics International OL-2 Overlap Connector/Splice sold by Aircraft Spruce. Discard the automotive-type spade connectors supplied by Dynon for connecting the wiring harness to the individual EGT and CHT thermocouples.

At $1.28 each, they seem pretty pricey for a half-inch of threaded phenolic rod and a couple of 4-40 set screws. But in one moment of extravagance I was rid of the intermittent problems that had plagued my EGTs since installation.

GalinHdz

It's the Electronics International OL-2 Overlap Connector/Splice sold by Aircraft Spruce. Discard the automotive-type spade connectors supplied by Dynon for connecting the wiring harness to the individual EGT and CHT thermocouples.

At $1.28 each, they seem pretty pricey for a half-inch of threaded phenolic rod and a couple of 4-40 set screws. But in one moment of extravagance I was rid of the intermittent problems that had plagued my EGTs since installation.
These are great but make sure you have, or buy, a 3/64th "Allen" Key with your order. These are not normally found at local hardware stores. FWIW I wound up ordering 5 of them at .19/ea to justify the shipping charge.

:cool: