Pairing Foreflight with the 3 Dynons

AGLyme

I love flying!
I bought an iPad Pro (128Gig) and plan to upload Flight Plans to the 3 Dynon HDX's... however, only 1 dongle came with the Plane (Flight Design CTLSi) delivered last December.

A few pre-setup questions please:
1) I noted that a "Wi-fi Password" was established when the Dynons were set up by the dealer... I have no idea what that password is... can I change the password in the Setup Menu?

2) I have a single Dynon dongle.  Should I insert the dongle in the "Map Dynon" 10" screen?  As opposed to the PDF - 10"screen, or, the EMS screen (7") ?  I read about "primary screen" etc and I want to make certain I have the dongle in the correct screen. 

3) I printed out the relevant pages of the Dynon manual re installation, I want to make certain I am doing everything correctly before I go up to the plane and get everything squared away...

Thank you in advance for your replies.. Andrew

Raymo

I love aviation!
1) Yes
2) You will need a dongle per screen. Three in your case.
3) Good idea but you can also load the manual on your iPad for easy searching

AGLyme

I love flying!
Thank you Ray... so spent the morning with the single WiFi dongle and the iPad... not pairing at all... I did manage to achieve a password.

Error Message:
“Offline: No Adaptor Other Screen”
WiFi enabled. YES

the dongle is plugged into the “Map” screen... as opposed to the PDF or EMS screens... I tried all 3 screens individually and all had the same error message as above.

Ray mentioned I need 2 more dongles, one for each screen... is that the problem ?

Thank you,
Signed, VERY frustrated

AGLyme

I love flying!
Just got off the phone with Steve and Dan of Dynon.  Great guys both.  I am posting this for future Dynon customers with a similar issue.  So, Ray is correct, I need 3 dongles... and, I need to place the dongles in the back of the Dynons so I will have to somehow get behind the panel.

I will report back once I get the above done. 

Thanks guys... Andrew

PS: evidently the Foreflight airport plates will NOT transfer over to the Avionics... I do have the Seattle Avionics plates installed and will keep using them... and pull up the plates on the new iPad...

AGLyme

I love flying!
Worked.  I unscrewed the panels, pulled the 3 panels forward and installed the Dongles in the USB slots BEHIND the Dynons.  Easy. 

The iPad paired with the Skyview system.  Haven't flown yet, so a lot to learn.  I managed to import a Flight plan. 

Thanks again everyone.