Practice IFR approach capability

Raymo

I love aviation!
I noticed an ad from another vendor while reading the Home Built magazine that allows IFR coupled approaches in their system without an IFR navigator. It is meant for doing practice IFR approaches in VFR conditions.

Is this type of functionality available with our Dynon hardware? It would help get me started with training while I save up for a certified navigator.

To quote a snippet from their site:

"...provides the ability to select an approach, and provides lateral and vertical guidance with autopilot coupling for LPV GPS approaches..."

airguy

I noticed an ad from another vendor while reading the Home Built magazine that allows IFR coupled approaches in their system without an IFR navigator. It is meant for doing practice IFR approaches in VFR conditions.

Is this type of functionality available with our Dynon hardware? It would help get me started with training while I save up for a certified navigator.

To quote a snippet from their site:

"...provides the ability to select an approach, and provides lateral and vertical guidance with autopilot coupling for LPV GPS approaches..."

To my knowledge, that is not legal in the US.

n456ts

Do not write below this line

If it's an experimental aircraft, flying VFR, not on an IFR flight plan, why would that be illegal? You're not in the system and you're maintaining VFR.

Raymo

I love aviation!

If it's an experimental aircraft, flying VFR, not on an IFR flight plan, why would that be illegal?  You're not in the system and you're maintaining VFR. 

Correct. Perfectly legal with a safety pilot during VFR flight.