Roadmap update

RudiGreyling

To DynonSupport,

If I remember correctly with the Skyview launch, you guys said you would be giving a better roadmap for the unreleased skyview features in Jan 2010.

Do I remember correctly or am I smoking my socks?

When can we get more details please?

Thanks,
Rudi

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yep, soon! We'll post that within a week.

-Robert
Dynon Marketing

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Here you go, this is our current schedule of enhancements to the SkyView system for which we have firm dates. It is listed on our SkyView Technology page, where we will keep it updated.
--------------------------------
SkyView Schedule: The following is our current schedule for release of SkyView enhancements over the next half year. We are working on many features in parallel, and every item requires extensive testing before we release it. So this schedule is not a guarantee of the release date of any specific feature. Please accept it as our best knowledge at this time, and we will endeavor to keep it updated and accurate.

February 28, 2010: Display synchronization, GPS assist
March 30th, 2010: Graphical map data (airports, airspace, obstacles) USA only.
April 30, 2010: Autopilot and HSI
August 30th, 2010: Navigation mapping functions, ARINC 429 Interface. International map support.

For the latest, go to http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/news_technology_preview.html

flickroll

Thanks for the update!!

Is it a safe bet that the ARINC wiring on a G430W unit will be the same as for a HS34? If I decide to purchase Skyview, it would be helpful to have wiring already on the 430 connectors for future connection to your ARINC module.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The ARINC converter will use the same 8 wire positions for ARINC as the HS34. Other pins on that connector will be different. There will not be an analog resolver interface like the HS34.

RudiGreyling

Thank you!

Will the 30 March graphical map data (airports, airspace, obstacles) be an INTERNATIONAL RELEASE, meaning people outside the USA will get their airports, airspaces and obstacles too?

Regards
Rudi

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The March 30 update will only be for the USA. It appears we will need to go with a pay source for data outside of the USA, and we don't think people will pay for the data for a basic map feature set. We will probably also have an issue getting the whole infrastructure for pay data together by then. We may be able to sell this data at some point between March and August if demand is there. The August update will add features to the map as well as support for international databases.

Sorry for not posting that originally - we talked about it but somehow we missed updating the post.

lalnaes

If I understand it correctly, it is at this point uncertain whether you will be able to provide a solution for a European navigation mapping data. This is definitely a show-stopper for me. Please confirm if I have understood your previous response right.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We will absolutelyhave European and rest of the world databases for our mapping products. But we will not have support for this in the first half of this year. When we do have support, you will need to pay for the databases for non-USA data.

We already have terrain for the whole planet.

lalnaes

What navigation data base are you considering and what do you expect the cost to be? Could you post sample pictures what the screen will look like with the navigation data activated?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's too early to say exactly who we will be using or what the cost will be. It is likely to be Jeppesen, priced at similar pricing to handheld GPS units.

VERY preliminary screen shot of the map taken near our office in Seattle (ignore the buggy NDB's):

SV-PAE.JPG

RudiGreyling

We will absolutelyhave European and rest of the world databases for our mapping products. But we will not have support for this in the first half of this year. When we do have support, you will need to pay for the databases for non-USA data.

We already have terrain for the whole planet.

This is very unfortunate for us potential Non-USA customers. It simply mean we have to wait longer (6 months more) before we can commit, and at the same time other companies are not sitting back either giving us more choices. :-/