Servo problems with SV 13.0.3

schwbo

I love flying!
I've installed the new SV software and now, while the servos show up in the network status, they show as not installed in the servo calibration page.

I also have issue with one of the EGT probes.

None of this happened while I used SV version 12.

jeffa

What is your issue with the one EGT probe? Is it redlining or fluctuating erratically? Maybe just be a coincidental problem. I've replaced two EGT probes in 250ish hours for those problems.

schwbo

I love flying!
I had one of them fluctuate erratically when I was on V.12.

After the upgrade it shows as red X.

preid

The probe is bad, just a coincidence, possibly, but it was going regardless of the upgrade. I have way too much experience in your symptoms with probes.
I venture to guess that there is some new settings with the new EMS that changes more than "whats new" covered.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Likely you did not have the servos powered on when you installed the newer firmware. To fix this:
1. Turn the SkyView system on - ensure that the servos are receiving power.
2. SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SKYVIEW NETWORK SETUP > NETWORK STATUS
The first two items listed should be SV32/SV42/SV52 - what is their status?

If they're not listed at all...
SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SKYVIEW NETWORK SETUP > CONFIGURE... > (one more right click) > DETECT (button) >

Likely now they'll be listed, but shown to have the older version of firmware. At this point push the UPDATE button.

After the update completes, push the FINISH then the EXIT buttons.

Your AP should be back to normal now.

I've installed the new SV software and now, while the servos show up in the network status, they show as not installed in the servo calibration page.

I also have issue with one of the EGT probes.

None of this happened while I used SV version 12.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We sell different EGT probes for different applications. They're all on our store here. What engine do you have?

schwbo

I love flying!
I've tried the solution proposed for the servos. They have the latest software and can be seen by the network. However, the hardware calibration cannot go through. I get a message that there is not enough deflection and hence the calibration cannot go through. Can it be that the security pin broke? I had this problem (broken pin) once in the past.

Attachments

• image_046.jpg
    image_046.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 146

schwbo

I love flying!
It says it cannot calibrate because it's less than 20 degrees.

The A/P worked fine in v12.

How should I measure the angular throw now?