Setting existing Tach time on replacement display?

tomhaines29

I love flying!
I’m about to install a replacement Classic display after a failure. Will it “remember” the existing Tach time and if not how can I put in the existing Tach time so the new display reads correctly?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It depends on the nature of the failure, and whether we were able to image it. If not, you can manually adjust the Tach and Hobbs time in the setup menu. If you happen to have a setting file backup, you can look in that to get a recent number. Note that the Hobbs and Tach time are not imported when you load settings files though to avoid overwriting your timers with older information. Also, know that settings files backups are automatically generated and stored in a subfolder of your USB memory stick when you update your software.

tomhaines29

I love flying!
The “old” display is still working after the uncommanded reboot, so I can get the Tach time from it. Just wasn’t sure I could enter it in Set up, but apparently I can. You mention Hobbs. Where can I find the Hobbs time?

Raymo

I love aviation!
From the install manual... page 7-72 (EMS section)

Use the Engine Information Wizard (SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > ENGINE INFORMATION) to specify engine type, horsepower rating, redline and cruise RPM, and set HOBBS and TACH time