Skydemon Data Delivery

FSGOM

I love flying!
Hello

are there any efforts to get www.skydemon.aero as dataprovider (Europe) for plates and enroute data?

thanks michael

pc

I love flying!
That would be great, as they are developing the maps FAST!
would love to have them on board on my SVs too!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Not at the moment, but thanks for letting us know that you want it. Every voice matters.

trevpond

So many pilots in Europe are using Skydemon for routing and indeed flying, using Ipads which with Skydemon charting makes VFR flying so easy. It would be brilliant if we could use their charts on Skyview.

regards

Trev ;D ;D

barbeau

I totaly agrée because Skydemon data are better than others. I compared from different european suplier, and Skydemon have much more airfields data and plates georeferenced.

DJ2BA

Good morning!
Great Idea!
The clear Display of Map Items delivered by Skydemon could be usefull on the SV-Display. I use a single SVD700.
I took some Screenshots from my iPad using ICAO/DFS, PocketFMS and Skydemon Charts.

Attachments

• Karten.jpg
    Karten.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 150

roma

I love flying!
The look of the charts is not really relevant here because none of the three styles above will be what we see on our Skyviews. SkyView will show the map with its own style, not those shown above.

The Skydeom one concerns me a bit. Simply comparing the three different maps there are a few airports missing on the SD one.

But more importantly some airspaces seem to be missing on Skyd. R202 (red area on the left) and the change in Bremen FIS areas from 119.825mhz to 125.100mhz (green horizontal in the middle) are missing from Sd but shown on the other two. :eek:

ckurz7000

I love flying!
I use SkyDemon e tensively on the iPad. Their mapping is indeed great. They offer a 28 day cycle for updates. They only inlude official AIP data. To make up for lack of small airfields, though, they offer georeferenced approach plates for several countries (so e free, some paid) and all info of the amazing Avioportolano for Italy!

Their maps offer an adaptive and dynamic approach to decluttering. For planning and flying you can specify how much detail you want to see in off route areas (altitude as well as lateral distance wise). That may also be the reason for some airspace not showing up in the above comparison.

-- Chris.

barbeau

I confirm that Skydemon offert much more georeferenced approch plates and visual landing plates than any other supplier.
For Spain, Portugal, Italy and many other countries PFMS miss à lot of plates and offers very few georeferenced plates.
I don't know How Skydemon get them, but they are available on EUROCONTROL WEB site.

pocketfms-rob

I love flying!
Hi friends,

Sorry for intervening this thread, I generally do not want to mingle into any competitor discussion, but in this case I feel I need to, please forgive me.

We have exactly the same datalink with eurocontrol as SkyDemon has, so we should have all plates that SkyDemon has too. According to Dynamic wt9 however it seems that there are plates available from the Eurocontrol website that are not available in our data. Would you be so kind to give me one or two examples please? We spend a lot of time and effort in maintaining our VFR database, I can use those examples then to investigate this subject further. Thank you for your assistance.

Pegaz

I love flying!
Bravo Rob for the job and progress of recent times but what is missing today these are the maps of North and West Africa (in my opinion)

barbeau

As promise, you find enclosed what I got from my Skyview.
OACI code Approch georef. Airfields georef.
LESO NO NO
LEBB YES NO NO
LEXJ YES NO NO
LEAS NO NO
LPPR YES NO YES NO
LPPT NO NO
Those airfields are big one.
Please tell me if I miss something to get these plates.
Italy is more or less the same.
France is very nice.

pocketfms-rob

I love flying!
Sorry it took a while to get back on this subject. The list produced by Dynamic wt9 was of great help. We found out that there was a flaw in processing of the EuroControl feed to our systems that could effect the availability of documents for some countries if that situation arose during the initial database filling for that country. Unfortunately Spain and Portugal where effected by this (they where processed in the same batch). Last day we corrected the problem and re-populated Spain and Portugal. All other countries will be evaluated too upcoming period. To reflect the latest changes please start EasyVFR, then on the EFB tab choose [Download EFB Catalogue]. When that is complete browse to Main Index->Europe->Spain and tap&hold on "Airfields Directory"; answer "Yes" to the question if you are sure you want to download all documents. This will cause the EFB to get updated by the missing documents.  A few screenshots of the new EFB content for the airports Dynamic wt9 reported:

CorrectedSpainExample01.png

CorrectedSpainExample02.png

CorrectedPortugalExample01.png

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Whenever there is any issue feel free to contact me directly at info at pocketfms dot com or visit our support forum.

Rob

Steve_N

I would also like to register a request for Skydemon as a data provider.  They already provide a comprehensive set of  georeferenced instrument approach charts and Skydemon clearly have more resources allocated to the task.  PocketFMS stated on their forum they could do them but have only georeferenced Dutch Instrument approach charts (their home country). They won't commit to Geo ref any other countries. To be totally fair to them, on their forum they have told me it's "not off the radar".

Note I have both Skydemon and a PocketFMS subscriptions. Skydemon renewal is £89 ($150). The PocketFMS  frequent flyer subscription necessary for European navdata and charts on our Skyview costs an additional 150 Euros ($200).

Pegaz

I love flying!
The georeferenced charts are available on EasyVfr. I have as well for free France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Greece... except the Germany and Switzerland which are not free. With the FFM (Frequent Flyer membership) license that cost €150 I installed 3 EasyVfr (IPhone Tablet and PC), PocketFMS on the PC, data and charts on the Skyview.