SkyView 10 issues

S5_aero

I love flying!
hello,

I've updated to version 10 was previous 7.1 and i noticed some issues. some was already reported, but there is not yet a solution posted.

first: there is a range in gizmo is extended out of borders, for batt amps and for lane a and b volts, see screenshots.
fe965924_o.jpeg

50c949ed_o.jpeg

8db53ef2_o.jpeg

similar to post SV Vers. 10 Issue with CHT Gizmos

second: adb-s failure same as on post Traffic information fail icon

third: track line is shifting away from middle of airplane when tilting the plane left and right. see screenshot of shifted track line to right:
16f7f2f2_o.jpeg

and here is on the middle:
fe965924_o.jpeg

everything else is good till now.
regards

eric.reed

I love flying!
hello,

third: track line is shifting away from middle of airplane when tilting the plane left and right. see screenshot of shifted track line to right:
regards

The shifting of the track "ruler" is a feature. It is not related to tilt of the aircraft. It is related to alignment with the active flight plan leg. If you are on track, it would otherwise tend to obscure your magenta flight plan line.

Thank you for the quick feedback though. I hope you enjoy the new features.

Regards,
Eric Reed

S5_aero

I love flying!
didn't know it is a feature, would be nice if it was a choice in menu, weather it shifts or stays on the middle, i would prefer staying in middle to cover the magenta flight plan line (you can make the line shorter by zooming out or making the values on line smaller) so then you see the magenta line.

i love the other new features.
regards

Edwardoc

I love flying!
I notice in the lower right corner of all displays is a text box with a red X through it. I believe this is some kind of North up touch Icon and it appears on those units that are not touch screens. I have it on mine also which is not touch screen and could find no way to delete it. It is just above an info box in the right corner of the map screen and is there for all layers IFR/VFR and terrain. Just flew 19 hours with the new soft ware and some great features available. Like the Sectionals especially and the minutes/range line. :cool:

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Edward,
Can you get a screen shot of that? We have tons of non-touch systems running 10.0 and haven't' noticed any weirdness.

As an FYI, the north-up touch icon in touch is- the north up icon! Just touch it to swap between north and track up. No new icon exists for this.

Langdon

I love flying!
I have noted that since upgrading to 10.0 the color has disappeared from my moving map, I have seen it flash on momentarily once but presently it's just shades of grey. I have checked that colors are still active, selected on, red 100 feet below, yellow 1000 below. Initially I thought this must be the new display color for no GPS fix but it remains grey even after a 3d fix.
Also I note that my oil pressure registers (old type sensors) 16 psi with the engine off (as yet has never run).

Edwardoc

I love flying!
Edward,
Can you get a screen shot of that? We have tons of non-touch systems running 10.0 and haven't' noticed any weirdness.

As an FYI, the north-up touch icon in touch is- the north up icon! Just touch it to swap between north and track up. No new icon exists for this.

Attahed is a photo o what is on my non-touch screen in all layers.  Notice the red X in the lower right corner of the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 117

preid

I have noted that since upgrading to 10.0 the color has disappeared from my moving map, I have seen it flash on momentarily once but presently it's just shades of grey. I have checked that colors are still active, selected on, red 100 feet below, yellow 1000 below. Initially I thought this must be the new display color for no GPS fix but it remains grey even after a 3d fix.
Also I note that my oil pressure registers (old type sensors) 16 psi with the engine off (as yet has never run).

If you are on the ground- this is a new feature to remove red and yellow to get a better perspective of the terrain around the area. If flying than its an issue.

preid

Edward,

Attahed is a photo o what is on my non-touch screen in all layers.  Notice the red X in the lower right corner of the screen.

This looks like the same feature mentioned before-
second: adb-s failure same as on post Traffic information fail icon from SSaero.

DrewSwenson

With the latest update, I am also getting the ads/b traffic fail in the lower right display (never had this before). Note that the only systems I have attached to sky view are the AHRS, SL30 and the SV GPS puck. The network status page reports the ADHRS and the SV700/D1000. The serial ports are configured as follows:

1. SL30 as Nav1

2. out=NMEA Out (full). This sends info to my EMS D-10 for HP and other calculations

3. none

4. none

5. GPS-250 Pos 1 (input and no output)

The configuration page properly does not allow me to select boxes that I don't have.

preid

Support posted the status:
2) TFC fail with arrow icon on the map. This bug occurs on all screens without a traffic device connected. Essentially, the system thinks that it has a traffic device connected but can't find it.

Apologies for the issues, and we'll get fixes into a future release!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, as posted in the other thread, that fail icon refers to the traffic system. It shouldn't be displayed on systems that don't have traffic receivers, but there's a bug in the latest release. We are working on a fix.

kalewis

I love flying!
Are the VFR sectionals supposed to appear grainy? Mine do at all zoom levels.

cptbob

I love flying!
Just had first flight with v 10 after a short shut down and restart the Skyview screen went white on boot up. I recycled breaker (had to press backup power button to shutdown) Tried that several times no joy, same white screen. I did a reboot with 1 2 5 buttons and it reset ok. Got to practice my backup instruments. Any thoughts?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi kalewis,

No, they should look crisp and clear and looked great throughout our testing. We've gotten a couple reports of this, and are looking into it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Just had first flight with v 10 after a short shut down and restart the Skyview screen went white on boot up. I recycled breaker (had to press backup power button to shutdown) Tried that several times no joy, same white screen. I did a reboot with 1 2 5 buttons and it reset ok. Got to practice my backup instruments. Any thoughts?
Hi Bob,

Did you initiate the SkyView shutdown by pressing and holding button 1? Do you have an external backup battery attached to your screen?

60av8tor

Are the VFR sectionals supposed to appear grainy?  Mine do at all zoom levels. 
Same here. I deleted and reinstalled all updated files trying to get the new version - sectionals do not look like the improved version. I also had an issue at certain zoom levels where the sectional became blocky and pixelated - not legible at all.

cptbob

I love flying!
Dynon support, I did the shutdown as I always have, turned master off then pressed battery power off #6 button. It did it again on the next start up I pressed reboot 1 2 5 but it was ok on the next start up. Never has happened before V10