SkyView 10 Software Released

L

larrynew

Was able to download Florida and Georgia sectionals and Lo Enroutes to my stick without issues so far. We'll see how they look on SV soon. Can't wait. Jack L  ;D

Did the files or folders on the memory stick look any different when you added sectionals and enroutes? My chartdata download/update files look the same on the memory stick as before. I haven't tried it in the airplane yet, though. Thanks, Larry

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Your chartdata folder should have new folders:

SEC if you downloaded Sectionals
LO for IFR LO
HI for IFR HI

You do need the new download manager, and you do need to go in and tell if what charts you want and for which states. It doesn't just grab all the products for all the states automatically, since that is a huge download that most people don't need.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sorry for the issues with downloading everyone. We've changed some things about the server, and it should work better now. Please let us know if you have any further issues.

matthewpiatt

We apologize to any of our customers that have been having trouble downloading and upgrading to SkyView v10.0.

There has been a huge spike in web traffic since we posted the files yesterday, and our data shows that these files have been downloaded many hundreds of times over the past 24 hours by individual customers all over the world. We suspect that only a very small percentage of customers have experienced any problems. We have tested the download and loading process dozens of times and have only experienced an issue with the download failing once.

We conducted an investigation and decided to make a change on the back-end with our hosting provider. We believe the download issue is now resolved for everyone. If you have received a message on SkyView indicating a load failure due to a validation error, please try and download the file again.

As requested by a previous poster, here are the MD5 checksums for the v10.0 downloads:

1dda34b27f294af657ddd415e81b9045 SkyView-10.0-dynon_update.dup
b0fa90de8a4883b736cc1a1b526c5932 SkyView_10.0_EU_Package_Mar27.duc
7b441202f3d00d5673a5a9f01a76926f SkyView_10.0_US_Package_Mar27.duc

If you have any further questions, please post to the forum or contact Tech Support.

Best Regards,
Matthew Piatt
Systems Engineer

ricardo_godoy

I love flying!
hi Dynon

i located in brazil.
I'm having problems so far with the validation of update .... now I downloaded 3 times and the problem continues

lindsayj

Did the files or folders on the memory stick look any different when you added sectionals and enroutes? My chartdata download/update files look the same on the memory stick as before. I haven't tried it in the airplane yet, though. Thanks, Larry

Larry: They look as described in Dynon's description. The Chart folder has SEC and LO. That's the only changes I've noticed. Will try loading all tomorrow. Jack L. :)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The "Mar 2014 SFT file" includes everything in the June 2013 file.

You can verify which file is loaded by checking

SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SENSOR DEBUG DATA

Look at the line on the top of the right side of the display beginning with File Version: (there will be a date).

I have downloaded the new engine sensor SFG file (Mar 2014) but not loaded it to the SV yet.  Under "whats new" there is a note that for the Pin 23 to be activated and the new change to take effect, I must have the June 2013 or later engine sensor definitions already loaded.  I don't think I loaded that file as I used method 2 when I updated to 7.0.1 and only updated the firmware, not the SFG file.  How do I find and NOW down load the June 2013 definitions for loading to SV before I load the Mar 2014 SFG file to the SV.  Or is that necessary as it states for Pin 23 to be activated?  Is the June 2013 file still on the web site somewhere?   :cool:

Wal_Thompson

No really - I totally love flying!
installed and flown 2.5 hours, all good! nice to see the features that have been added for retractable aircraft.

A couple of "fail" icons are illuminated on the pfd, one is an arrow and the other is a circle. not sure what they refer to, I have no other navaids installed on the system. any ideas?

NASA515

I love flying!
Mark & Quote Quote
The "Method 1" US version should be 104,156 KB

Downloaded twice - both file sizes are 106,655,329.

Other guys were short - I'm long.

Also, the Seattle Avionics updated Loader won't install - tried four times, removed completely, reinstalled the original Loader, and it will not install either.  Keep getting error message "DataLoader has stopped working."  Not shown as an active App or Process using Task Manager.

Bob Bogash
RV-12
N737G

L

larrynew

Downloaded 10.0 and installed with no problems on both Skyviews. Had to delete and reinstall ChartData loader to see the sectional and enroute options but after that, download to USB flash drive was also no problem. Selected 48 states for sectionals and IFR Lo and with software 10.0, less than half of the 16gb drive was used. Amazing!

lindsayj

Larry: They look as described in Dynon's description. The Chart folder has SEC and LO. That's the only changes I've noticed. Will try loading all tomorrow. Jack L. :)

Loaded everything including sectionals and lo enroutes to SV this morning successfully but: Can't find either the sectionals or lo enroutes on MAP>LAYERS. The only thing there is the terrain button. When I push the TERRAIN button the map changes the background to black. The CHARTS folder on the stick has SEC and LO sub folders which contain data. The Approach plates and Diagrams work fine. Am I missing something? When I put the stick back into the computer, the chart manager does not see the data, IE, all the balls on charts are red and when I hover over the titles, I get "valid: unknown" whatever that means. If I double click the Select Button, I can see that my chosen 6 states are green in the list. Shouldn't that be reflected on the main page by showing green lights on both the computer and the "device" instead of expired? Am I missing something here too? Thanks, Jack L :-?

lindsayj

If I double click the Select Button, I can see that my chosen 6 states are green in the list. Shouldn't that be reflected on the main page by showing green lights on both the computer and the "device" instead of expired? Am I missing something here too?

I now see that if you check all your green selections on the list, the main page will reflect the green status. JChang has a good new post on Layers. I'm going over there to continue if I have anything more to offer. Jack L. ;D

chinaone

I love flying!
10.0 load went well.  before loading 10.0 (7.1) the terrain hazard warning colors, on the map while on the ground, would show red and yellow all around.  With 10.0, on the ground, there is no color indication of a terrain hazard anywhere, not even on the surrounding mountains.  I have not flown the new update.  Is this normal with 10.0?

L

larrynew

10.0 load went well.  before loading 10.0 (7.1) the terrain hazard warning colors, on the map while on the ground, would show red and yellow all around.  With 10.0, on the ground, there is no color indication of a terrain hazard anywhere, not even on the surrounding mountains.  I have not flown the new update.  Is this normal with 10.0?

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/WhatsNew_SkyView.html

Improved: Yellow/red terrain alert coloration disabled on the map page when not in flight.

rfazio1951

I downloaded 10 and installed no problems. Everything works as it should I have Seattle subscription and that all works as it should. I have sectionals on the map screen and all. The new version looks great. I did not get to fly yet, I'm in the northeast and a big rain storm is going by. I'll fly it Monday night probably. I also installed my updated Val NAV 2000. It also appears to work well with the skyview. I see the NAV 2000 on the HSI and can rotate OBS around the compass and it shows on screen. I'm dying to fly with it. Sectionals look cool on screen, the 6 pack is nice, I like the naming of the HSI source. Lots of nice little things spread around. I had to put a charger on my battery I was playing with it so long.

Highlander1

Loaded 10.0 yesterday after the 3rd try with 104,156 kb. Then loaded 3 states and everything worked fine. The HI, LO, and SEC info came through great so I took the chip inside and added 4 more states. Flew up to show a friend of mine who has an MGL how great my Dynon is and none of the HI, LO, or SEC info showed up this time. I'm embarrassed and being laughed at so please help. The chip says it has a whole lot of data but its not getting through to my Dynon. All of the other changes seem to be okay.

Gil T

Edwardoc

I love flying!
The "Mar 2014 SFT file" includes everything in the June 2013 file.

You can verify which file is loaded by checking

SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SENSOR DEBUG DATA

Look at the line on the top of the right side of the display beginning with File Version: (there will be a date).

I checked and the Definitions file is dated May 2013 on my SV.  The info in the Whats New implies Jun 2013 definitions must be loaded prior to updating with the March 2014 update to activate Pin 23.  Is this really necessary and if so where would I get the June 2013 SFG file? ;D