Skyview Bootup & Buttons 1 and 2 - Help!

jrock836

Today, after the airplane sitting for a couple of days, I turned on the master switch and the Skyview didn't turn on and boot up like it always has. I then pushed button 1 and it booted up. Once booted up, buttons 1 and 2 do not work in any menu.

Ideas what might be wrong?

Last edited:

lancair360

Glitch in the matrix? You try turning it off/on? Were you able to eventually get it on with the master switch?

jrock836

Glitch in the matrix? You try turning it off/on? Were you able to eventually get it on with the master switch?
It’s acting exactly as described.. Master ON and It doesn’t boot up until Button 1 is pressed and after it boots up button #1 and #2 don’t work in any menu.

jrock836

Based on your description, you should contact Dynon support directly for next steps.
I already have and I'm waiting to hear back. So okay, maybe the Matrix is involved or call Dynon.. Anyone have any other "useful" information.. Anyone else ever have this particular problem, or am I the only one? :)

andresmith76

I love flying!
Have you checked your Skyview's back-up battery? Try performing a self-test under load and check the results.

lancair360

Sounds like it's not getting power and then being powered up by button one and power is from backup battery and not the bus. CB pushed in? Does the unit have EMS attached? Should read bus voltage, on the backup battery it will read weird voltage.

jrock836

Thanks for the attempts at help guys.. The Skyview is getting good power 12.8 volts from the plane's onboard battery as confirmed by checking Pin #'s 1 & #20 as shown in the wiring schematic. All fuses are good. Even if it was booting up with the backup battery, that wouldn't explain why buttons 1/2 no longer work. I spoke with Dynon and they feel the keypad likely went belly up which can cause many weird things to start happening, including the issues that I have. It's really too bad, as the plane only has 198 hrs. on the Hobbs.

The Skyview has been removed from the plane and is going out in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have it back in less than two weeks working and $450 lighter in the pocket book.

andresmith76

I love flying!
And you will get it back with repairs made and the knowledge of what failed.
How old is the Skyview system?