SKYVIEW RELEASE 7.0

lolachampcar

I know this has been said before but it sure is nice to buy a product and have it get better FOR FREE. My Tesla Model S does this as well and I am starting to feel spoiled.

Thanks Dynon

PlaneDan

I love flying!
Also, what I cant find on the forum is "How can I tell if my servos are SkyView compatable?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
7.0 hasn't been released yet (we're close though!)

If you've bought your Dynon autopilot servos in the last few years, they're SkyView-compatible out of the box.

PlaneDan

I love flying!
So, is there a serial number series beginning number that I can check to be sure. Yes, I bought them about 2 1/2 years ago.

The reason I asked about the release 7 is because the downloads for the database say it is supposed to be used with release 7. It would be helpful and less confusing if that database was not made available until the software was available. What happens if I inadvertently install that database with release 6.4?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There's a download for version 7, which is about to be released, and one for everything else (6.2 or lower). Installing the wrong database won't break your system, but the <6.2 databases and the 7.0 databases aren't cross-compatible with each other. You'll be missing some or all of your data.

60av8tor

From a Dynon email shortly before Oshkosh.  I played with it at OSH and it was great - can't wait for the update!

SkyView Version 7.0 - Charts, Airport Diagrams, Map Items Selection

We are excited to introduce our latest addition to the SkyView Navigation tool box: Charts and Airport Diagrams for the US and Europe. These charts will allow pilots to quickly find and display the IFR procedures they need for airports without having to flip through bulky charts. Additionally, by tightly integrating with SkyView's GPS, the charts are Geo-Referenced and will display the location of the aircraft on the diagrams.

This release, currently slated for September, will include procedure charts including IFR departures, arrivals, approaches, VFR approach charts in Europe, and airport diagrams. Detailed coverage information is available from Seattle Avionics - our data partner for this feature.

Our SkyView Moving Map is also getting a major enhancement in 7.0. In addition to its current ability to pan the map for situational awareness, SkyView will provide the pilot with instant information about whatever airports, obstacles, navaids, waypoints, and airspaces under the cursor. When an item or airspace is selected with the map pointer, it is both highlighted on-screen and accompanied by a useful data block that shows relevant information about the feature - all without any additional button pushing. This is particularly useful to highlight individual airspace segments in busy parts of the country that have multiple airspaces overlaid on top of each other.

We'll be demoing all of these upcoming features in our booth in Hangar D at Oshkosh next week!