SkyView Software v16.5.2 for Experimental & Light Sport Released 8/3/2023

RV8JD

All the software packages are suspended. You can get individual HDX system downloads, but they don't include everything.
As you can for the Classic/Touch/SE systems.

Rhino

I'm sure they'll figure it out soon. I don't adopt new software versions until they've been out for a while anyway. I let other people discover and works the bugs out, and then I adopt.

kevineldredge

Waited for a day and tried calling support, but no support was available. Is this SOP for there help line?

Rhino

It can be sometimes, yes. You might be better off emailing them.

skysailor

If you leave a message with your name, email and phone number as their voicemail suggests they will absolutely return your call. I have never had them not return my call. Dynon Tech Support is the best in the business in my book.

Alto

I have a Skyview HDX 11 in a Magni Gyro with 915is engine. It has a Kankardia EMIS. After installation of the 16.5.2. update package the Skyview Flashes a warning light Caution in yellow. When selected, the the button displays Can Failure.

I'm guessing this is because I don't have the Dynon EMS sensor package installed. When I look at set up it shows various engine sensors configured with a CAN interface.

How should I correct this situation?
Thanks for the response. It was good information and worked to fix the issue.

Bob Y

A word of warning for you dual HDX users with the 16.5 update…. Make sure Reversion Mode is turned off. Mine was enabled, and when trying to load it on the second HDX, the setup menu would not stay up - it flashed on the screen for a couple of seconds but then went back to the EFS screen. Rebooting had no impact. Called and left a request for a return call with Dynon Support, and they called back in about 5 minutes directing me to disable Reversion Mode. Solved the problem.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the word. We pulled the US and European Update Package files and the sensor definition file from the website due to a problem with the sensor definition file that would cause guys with Rotax 912iS engines AND the Kavlico 75 PSI sensor to not have fuel pressure after loading the sensor file. The software only update file is still there, it just doesn't include databases or the sensor file.
They are working to get it straightened out. So far, no issues with the software beyond the normal few with issues getting it updated and back online.

kevineldredge

Is there any opportunity to get just the sensor files I need to get back in the air? Kalvico v2 150 psi? Alternative solution? Reno is about 25 days!

XCtrip

Here is the word. We pulled the US and European Update Package files and the sensor definition file from the website due to a problem with the sensor definition file that would cause guys with Rotax 912iS engines AND the Kavlico 75 PSI sensor to not have fuel pressure after loading the sensor file. The software only update file is still there, it just doesn't include databases or the sensor file.
They are working to get it straightened out. So far, no issues with the software beyond the normal few with issues getting it updated and back online.
Don: I successfully installed v16.5.2 on HDX1100 (version 2 hardware) in the sn:13000 range, software ONLY with NO sensors or other updates. There were no glitches, delays, or odd actions. Clean reboot and then installed the latest FAA 28-day updates (2308) for US.
The intermittent GPS and WiFi issues that I've been seeing with my ForeFlight-iPad for MONTHS and MONTHS, .... worked perfectly with this update and except for the Arizona heat over 100*F by 9:30am, there were no concerns. THANKS for the info on the status of updates!

djones

Administrator
Staff member
If you are affected by the new sensor file load, here is the previous sensor file to get you back going.

Attachments

• sensor_68996.sfg
    56 KB · Views: 64

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any opportunity to get just the sensor files I need to get back in the air? Kalvico v2 150 psi? Alternative solution? Reno is about 25 days!
Kevin,
The 150 psi V2 sensor was not affected. It's leterally only RV12iS guys who have the 75 psi Kavlico sensor for fuel pressure.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Part of my sensor data doesn't work. Like RPM. Really poor upgrade
There's nothing in the recent upgrade (even when it had the problem referenced above, since fixed) that should've broken tach that we know of. If you've experienced something along those lines, please reach out to our support team (link in signature)

rfazio1951

I updated last weekend. I have dual classic 10 skyview screens. The update worked perfectly. Not a hitch. My system seems to be more stable in the Wi-Fi area. Have not gotten a skyview disconnected once since the update.