Skyview V13.0.3 little bugs

FSGOM

I love flying!
1st: Graphic's error in the airport INFO DIALOG (gray vertical bar).
2nd:  Setting the NEAREST runway length to 100m  doesn't work anymore. Heliports are shown , which we do not want to.(Graphic error as well in the header) . Whats the meaning of U (undefined ?)
3rd: Graphics on MAP: Sometimes overlapped "air class paramters"  (no pic available)

Thx Michael (great software anyway  ;) )

Attachments

• graphic_error.png
    graphic_error.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 98
  • nearest_erro.png
    nearest_erro.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 97

Schorsch

I love the terrain alert highlighting, though the switch to red seems a little late... Would barely give me 2-3 seconds to react. Maybe because I was flying slow @50 kts?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Michael - on the NRST issue - is that when the map is half the display or when the smaller 40% screen that you'll have when you have the PFD, EMS, and MAP all up at the same time?

Also, what databases are you using: PocketFMS?

And what airport is being show in the RMK picture?

tomscub

I think I found one more operational change that came with 13.0.3. In the past, I was always able to load the new FAA data base when in came out, rather than waiting for the actual start date. Not so with 13. I was trying to load FAA-av-1509 today, and the file would not show up on the load list. At first, I thought that I didn't get it onto the thumb drive, but after verifying, it is truly there, but it will not show on the load list. The actual start date for this data base is Aug 20. Hopefully it will show up then, or I have a serious problem.............Tom

rvator51

Hi Tom,
Do you also have the WiFi module plugged into another USB port at the same time?  My FAA database wont show if the WiFi module is plugged in.  Remove it and it shows fine.  The 13.0.3 update does show even with the WiFi module plugged in.

tomscub

I do not have the wifi module. I'm hoping that it is date sensitive. I'll know in a couple of days, as the new data base goes into effect on the 20th........Tom

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
tomscub - We had an error in the file name until yesterday. You can redownload it or just rename it to sure the file extension is .duc.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
rvator51: Are you saying that your USB stick is not recognized at all when you have WiFi plugged in?

tomscub

tomscub - We had an error in the file name until yesterday. You can redownload it or just rename it to sure the file extension is .duc.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are absolutely correct. The dot is, in fact missing. I will take care of that in the morning..........Tom :)

rvator51

rvator51: Are you saying that your USB stick is not recognized at all when you have WiFi plugged in?

I could see the 13.03 update file on the USB stick with WiFi plugged in but not the FAA update file.  After I pulled the WiFi out, I could see both.   I will try it again with the upcoming FAA update.