Software update

mrdaud

Just saw the new updates for the software and guides have been posted. :D

Raymo

I love aviation!
And lots of updates there are! I plan to load it today and looking forward to notification that the 472 is again shipping.

Thanks!

rfazio1951

Added ability to tie HSI source and flight plan source together.

Wow that's the biggy for me. It was the single grip I had about flying behind the Skyview and a 430W. Switching the source was such a pain.

Can't wait to try it out.

tedbain

San Antonio
Where in the user guide does it describe tying the HSI source to the flight plan source?   

kurtfly

I love flying!
Has anyone with 15.3.3 tried to upload their flight log data to Savvy? I tried several times and got an error on the "USER_LOG" file.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I think we might have missed the documentation update for that one. It's under SYSTEM SETUP > ARINC 429, then all the way at the bottom.

mmarien

Murray M.
Has anyone with 15.3.3 tried to upload their flight log data to Savvy?  I tried several times and got an error on the "USER_LOG" file.
Mine loaded no problem: https://www.savvyanalysis.com/flight/2359437/0c564224-0ed6-41e4-b570-2e9f8e414911

rfazio1951

Support:

You state I think we might have missed the documentation update for that one. It's under SYSTEM SETUP > ARINC 429, then all the way at the bottom.

Do you mean how to enable the Added ability to tie HSI source and flight plan source together, is explained there?

Still can't find it. In the installation Manual? the User Manual? or maybe just a quick explaination of how to do it. I just figured I would like to know where to start looking when I get out to the airport and install the latest software.

Thanks

rkorff

I love flying!
Richard, it's not in the documentation. However, I tried it this morning and it works fine. Go to System Setup/ARINC when you power up your system. Then scroll all the way to the bottom option on that screen. It says "Tie HSI and Flight plan sources together". The option is just "YES or NO". Select yes and all done. Tried putting two different plans in - one in SV, and the other in my 430W. By going to the PFD page and hitting the "HSI Source" button, it flips between your possible sources and changes the depicted route on the map. Very slick. I like it.

tomg

RV9-A, O-320, Dual Dynon Skyview, ADSB
Just a note on the firmware update. Some folks may not pay attention to the release notes (as I did) and not update the SV-ADSB-472 firmware via ADS-B STATUS menu similar to how you would update the transponder firmware. Maybe a specific callout in the notes to be more specific that a separate action needs to be done after the main firmware is updated would be helpful and prevent support calls saying there still is an issue with drop outs with ADSB.