Squeal when push to talk

austinglasair

I love flying!
I am getting a squealing noise when pushing to talk on my Dynon radio. I have a full hdx Dynon suite. I have tried different push to talk switches, new microphone jacks, different grounds. Normal intercommunications between pilot and copilot are loud and clear. I'm out of ideas. :eek:

Raymo

I love aviation!
Try turning things off one at a time to see if it is associated with something else in the plane. These problems are almost always due to poor grounding or a ground loop.

austinglasair

I love flying!
That was attempted and failed to clean up the transmissions. I've tried from pilot and CP sides. I believe I've isolated it all the way to the COM radio unit. Looking for bad grounds now.

jakej

One way or another it is typically the grounding that causes squealing.
Pm me if you wish & I’ll talk you through some troubleshooting- results can be posted on here later.

Cheers,
Jake Jansen
Glasair IIS FT (2500 hrs)

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Try connecting a decent gauge ground wire between the com radio transceiver case (use one of the mounting bolts with the paint cleaned off) and run it to the intercom case. We have fixed quite a few of these with this ground wire. Give it a try.

W

William_Ince

I am getting a squealing noise when pushing to talk on my Dynon radio. I have a full hdx Dynon suite. I have tried different push to talk switches, new microphone jacks, different grounds. Normal intercommunications between pilot and copilot are loud and clear. I'm out of ideas.  :eek:
Please let us know if Dynon’s solution worked for you.
Thank you, in advance. :cool: