Support for Garmin GPS 175 and GNX 375

Raymo

I love aviation!
They are supported just like the 430(W), 530W, 625, 635, 650, etc. You'll need the Dynon ARINC-429 to interface for AP functionality.

lgabriel

I love flying!
I'm curious how much they're supported--as far as I know, the most recent VNAV features from GTN v6.51 aren't supported by SV.

gimpster

I think the GPS 175 will be a game changer for Garmin. This looks like a nice unit at an attractive price. It would be nice in Dynon could develop a remote mounted IFR "certified" GPS that integrates with Skyview.

Raymo

I love aviation!
Will we be able to show traffic and weather from the GNX-375 ADSB on Dynon HDX displays?

Keep in mind that you lose both a navigator and your XPNDR if it needs to go in for service.

Jdog80us@yahoo.com

I love flying!
Does it matter if you connect the Garmin GPS 175 to Skyview using the serial connections versus ARINC?

I'm trying to avoid buying an ARINC.

Raymo

I love aviation!
Does it matter if you connect the Garmin GPS 175 to Skyview using the serial connections versus ARINC?

I'm trying to avoid buying an ARINC.

You'll need the ARINC box for GPS control of the auto-pilot. Same if you had Garmin equipment.

kellym

I love flying!
I'm curious how much they're supported--as far as I know, the most recent VNAV features from GTN v6.51 aren't supported by SV. 

Hmm, when I use Vnav to a VFR runway on my GTN650, with 6.51 software, it drives the GS needles on my Dynon HSI display.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
We have been told, but haven't tested it yet, that everything except the VFR flight plan altitude functions will work. We will be testing soon.

W

William_Ince

We have been told, but haven't tested it yet, that everything except the VFR flight plan altitude functions will work. We will be testing soon.

Please keep us informed on this. A lot of people are interested in coupling these navigators to Skyview.

rvermeland

Anyone flying the GPS 175 yet?  I’m assembling my wire harness now and interested in the proper setup procedure.

-rob
RV-9A 90976