Sv 32 not visible in network

Tuiliere

flying a RV7 in France.
Hello,

I just connected my skyview system. All it's fine except one auto pilot servo (pitch) not recognize on the network page.
Question : how to determine if the servo is faulty or not ?
The power is OK (from VP-X)
The 4 data wires are connected on the hub with the AHRS and the second servo.
When a servo not appears on the network detection page, is it a power issue or data, or both ?
Thanks for your help
Sylvain

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's maybe a bit more likely to be a power issue if SkyView Network isn't seeing it at all. If it were getting power, and just one of the data pairs were not connected properly, you'd see it on the network but with an error annunciating which data wires were broken or miswired.

Tuiliere

flying a RV7 in France.
Is it possible The SV-32 has a wrong/old firmware version ? (I saw that on some posts).

In a second hand, my second servo (roll servo) is detected but after the calibration the system launch a test but nothing happen. The stick is still free in all directions. I re do the calibration twice but it's always the same. Can you tell me from where the problem come from ?

thank you
Sylvain

Tuiliere

flying a RV7 in France.
Hello,

I made other tests today but it still not works. The pitch servo have power (I test it with a 12V lamp) but the network don't see it.
Same with the roll servo. The test after the calibration don't work. I disconnected the 4 datas wires from the HUB and the SV32 roll servo disappeared from the network page. So it seems that the power connection is not enough to get the device appear on the network page ?
I've a third little issue (perhaps related ?) when I start up my displays, the MFD reboots twice before working right. it writes something in an event file after reboot.
need some help.
Thank you
Sylvain

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If the servo isn't being seen on the network, there's no additional field troubleshooting that can be done. Please contact Dynon Avionics Technical Support - 425-402-0433 or email support AT dynonavionics DOT com.

Hello,

I made other tests today but it still not works. The pitch servo have power (I test it with a 12V lamp) but the network don't see it.
Same with the roll servo. The test after the calibration don't work. I disconnected the 4 datas wires from the HUB and the SV32 roll servo disappeared from the network page. So it seems that the power connection is not enough to get the device appear on the network page ?
I've a third little issue (perhaps related ?) when I start up my displays, the MFD reboots twice before working right. it writes something in an event file after reboot.
need some help.
Thank you
Sylvain

DocRV12

I love flying!
Sv 32 circuit fuse blew when first powered up in R

I just powered up my Dynon Skyview in a Vans RV-12 that I am almost finished building.

The auto pilot circuit fuse blew immediately.

I just checked all the wires in/out of the roll servo and to ground and all were connected correctly.

I'll check pitch servo wires next (it's a tough climb into the tail cone!).  After that I suppose that I'll check wire pins' connections in the D-connector behind the instrument panel.

What other items that I should check? 

(The RV-12 kit provides pre-assembled wiring harnesses that all route through the electrical system's overall "connector box").  This greatly reduces incorrect wire routing - I hope.

Thanks,
Jim

Raymo

I love aviation!
Assuming the wires are properly pinned at both ends, this points to a short to ground.

You should be able to locate the shorted wire by checking continuity between each wire and an airframe ground. If that finds nothing, it would point to a short within a servo.

DocRV12

I love flying!
Thanks Ray,
I'll check for shorts to ground if the wires are all routed as shown in the builder plans.

Jim

I REALLY don't want to have to disassemble connectors behind instrument panel to check pin assignments!!

DocRV12

I love flying!
Ray,
I disconnected the connectors going into both servos. The fuse still blows when I turn on the autopilot system. It seems likely that I have a short or incorrectly wired connector pin behind the instrument panel. That may prove to be a tough to find because it may require some harness disassembly.

Any specific ideas on how to diagnose with my volt-ohm meter?

Thanks,
Jim

Raymo

I love aviation!
Set your meter to Ohms or the tone generator for continuity and check the power wire to the servos for continuity to ground.

One or both will likely show resistance (should be open). Once you determine which wire or wires are shorted, the hard part begins.

If your soldering skills are decent, you could pick a point in the wire where it would be easy to repair, cut it and see which side has the short.

DocRV12

I love flying!
Ray,
I finally located the location of short in my RV-12's AP circuit.  The RV 12 has about 12 wiring harness bundles connected through a master connection box.  I tested each each bundle, one at a time until I fond the one killing the AP circuit's fuse.  Then I examined that bundle's 31 pin D connector and found that 1 of its small pins was bent over and shorted against the connector's metal.  I straightened the pin, reconnected it and ALL IS WELL!

Thanks for your help!!!!