SV-AP-PANEL Wiring

Spcialeffects

I love flying!
I have just started to make the loom for the SV-AP-PANEL D15M connector and have a question. I am only using the panel to control 1 motor, the trim motor, which is a ray allen motor and it is connected to the aircrafts power. So do i need to connect pin9 and pin2 (Power and Gnd) on this connector?

many thanks Frank

Raymo

I love aviation!
Pin 2 is ACFT ground
Pin 9 is ACFT power (from your bus protected by fuse or circuit breaker).

You'll use 7 and 14 to feed power to the trim motor (#1).

Spcialeffects

I love flying!
Thanks for your reply RayInGA, but your reply doesn't answer my question. To put it another way.......If the AP-Panel gets its power from the sky view network for the buttons as stated 18-4 what is the power pin9 and Ground pin2 for??

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
SkyView Network only provides power for the non-trim control features of the panel (IE it's autopilot controls, communication with SkyView, its own backlighting)

If you're using the SV-AP-PANEL to control trim, you do need to connect pins 9/2. That's where power is coming from to actually drive your trim servos. Its switched and reversed by the SV-AP-PANEL. That's why the installation guide specifies the 4A rating on those lines.

Tangentially related - since the trim control side of the SV-AP-PANEL is powered separately, the SV-AP-PANEL essentially has failsafe capability that allows the trim control function to continue to work (without speed-sensitive scheduling) even if the SkyView connection were to go away.