SV D1000 stopped working

Ludovit_Palaj

I love flying!
Hello, we have SportCruiser with 2x SkyView D1000 installed professionaly by CzechSportAircraft. The plane is based in europe, Slovakia. Both displays has it's own SV BAT.
First I'd like to say, that we realy like the SV system, which works nice and fine.
But last month, one from our displays doesn't start. After switching master and EFIS's switch nothing happened. The screen is absolute black, with no sign of any activity. I tried to switch on the display by pressing and holding button No 1 But nothing happened. Day before it works correctly. Yesterday I wanted to remove the display from plane to send it to USA, but display started to work. I flew 3hrs and everything was OK. After that I checked the backup battery (from setup menu), which has 10.34V and display can work from main source and also from backup batery.
I want to ask you for any advice/help what to check before we will send display to dynon support center, or if it makes sense. To chcek or download any error log, to find problem description maybe.
I checked the cables and everything looks fine, no loosen or overheated or disconnected cables...
I was thinking about SV BAT are discharged, but the display doesn't work it doesn't started on primary power suply. The second display works fine and the voltage was > 12.0V
SV-BAt is now discharged and I can't perform battery test. What's the correct way to charge the backup batery? Switch the display on from primary source (plane batery) and connect the primary source to charger? Is there any other simplier way to charge the SV-BAT?
Thanks for any advice.

Raymo

I love aviation!
Yes, connect a battery charger that can provide the more than the minimum volts/amps to power the screen in question. Turn on that screen and it should charge the backup battery.

When I did this, I used a charger that could output 8 amps and it took an hour or so to charge the backup battery. Be sure you have the latest approved Skyview software installed, which has improved charging logic.

You can check the backup battery status while charging.

Ludovit_Palaj

I love flying!
And is it possible, that the display doesn't start, when the SV BAT is not charged? Because discharged SV BAT is only the secondary problem. First I need to solve the problem why the display doesn't start. And strange thing, that it can start after few weeks of inoperation...

Raymo

I love aviation!
I suspect you have a recessed pin in the D37 connector that is randomly losing contact. The backup battery uses separate pins to power the screen and charge the battery (when the screen is on). There are two pins that should supply aircraft power to the D37 connector.

Ludovit_Palaj

I love flying!
Yes I know:
pins 1+20 are +12V
21+22 are ground
2 is +12V from SV-BAT
23 is ground(-) from SV-BAT
I will check it tommorow. Hope it will be that simple solution.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
One thing to try if you experience this again. When master power is applied, but the display is not powering on (even on external power): Press buttons 1/2/5 simultaneously. This is a "reset" switch. So if there is power coming into the display from the main power supply but it for some reason didn't power up for some reason, this should restart it. If it doesn't, there might be something deeper going on, either in the wiring as Ray says, or in the display itself.

Also, when you have SkyView connected to external power, note that you need to have at least 12.25V available before SkyView attempts to charge the batteries.