Tosten Grip Wiring - CS8

lynnb

I love building!
I'm working through the wiring diagram for the Tosten Grips and there are two common wires. One appears to tie to the trim switch/hat and the other to the other 4 switches. Since I'm using the skyview system I know I don't need to use a relay deck, this is built in already. But what I'm not sure about is can I just ground both of the common wires (green and white) together and to a common ground, or do I need to do something else?

Thanks,
Lynn

Attachments

• relaydeck_wiring.pdf
    273.9 KB · Views: 266

Raymo

I love aviation!
They can both go to a common ground. If you are using the Dynon AP button panel, it provides relay functionality. If not using it, you will need trim relays. I wired a switch into my panel to disable the grounds to all but PTT so I can disable the buttons on my co-pilot grip (Infinity). More than one passenger has inadvertently hit the flap switch.

Last edited:

lynnb

I love building!
Thanks for the info, not a bad idea on turning off the co-pilots side.

Lynn
They can both go to a common ground. If you are using the Dynon AP button panel, it provides relay functionality. If not using it, you will need trim relays. I wired a switch into my panel to disable the grounds to all but PTT so I can disable the buttons on my co-pilot grip (Infinity). More than one passenger has inadvertently hit the flap switch.

jakej

same applies to the trim hat switch - I use a small toggle switch on the pilots side panel for disabling co-pilots side stick.

XPRSAV8R

Same here. I have a "PIC" switch to make sure only the flying pilot can engage autopilot, manage trim settings (the hat) and lower/raise flaps on an Infinity switch. All grounds are wired to a ON-OFF-ON rocker.

PIC.png