Updating DUAL HDX screens???

brennon24

I'm mainly asking this because it took me three days to download all data needed for one USB stick(yes I have slow internet and I'm using a 2.0 15g stick... I know I should upgrade both :rolleyes:) and I surely don't want to wait that long if I don't have too. So...
1) What all data has to be loaded to both screens? EX. updates, obstacles, terrain, charts, etc...
2) What all has to be plugged into both screens at all times?

Thanks!

Lon

I have the HDX and:
1) the database file that I download from Dynon every four weeks (maps and obstacle info) has to be loaded into both screens, each one separately. Dynon Firmware updates have to be loaded separately in each screen as well.
2) I have two Dynon Wi-Fi Adapters--one for each screen--and those must be plugged into both screens at all times when I use wi-fi.

RVDan

I love flying!
If you have the Ethernet connection between the displays, you only need to update one with the Dynon supplied databases. The other unit will be updated across the Ethernet. Page 6-10 of the install manual. The update time is a couple of minutes, maybe a bit more the first upload.

brennon24

I have the HDX and:
1) the database file that I download from Dynon every four weeks (maps and obstacle info) has to be loaded into both screens, each one separately. Dynon Firmware updates have to be loaded separately in each screen as well.
2) I have two Dynon Wi-Fi Adapters--one for each screen--and those must be plugged into both screens at all times when I use wi-fi.
Good deal, I believe I have the Ethernet connection so hopefully they will cross fill. Thanks!

brennon24

If you have the Ethernet connection between the displays, you only need to update one with the Dynon supplied databases. The other unit will be updated across the Ethernet. Page 6-10 of the install manual. The update time is a couple of minutes, maybe a bit more the first upload.
Perfect! This is what I was looking for. Thanks

RVDan

I love flying!
Maybe somewhere in setup, but don’t know where. Physically there will be a wire in the Ethernet plug (RJ-45) on the back of each display.
Also, when loading the database, you will see a message “ Synchronizing database” or something like that if the Ethernet is connected.