User Waypoints

DBRV10

Hello Dynon,

I am sure some folk will have asked this before, but here goes anyway......future releases should have the capability to creat user waypoints from the panel, not via Google Earth.

There are many many times when this is required and at times you are away from a PC and internet.

How about it?

........ or did I not read the manual ::)

BBGLASAIR

Australian and New Zealand  pilots with the Champagne FP3000 program on their computers may not be aware that flight plans so generated can be successfully exported in gpx format to a USB stick, and thence downloaded to Skyview. User Waypoints from the FP3000 will carry across successfully.  

As an aside, I extended the Dynon fitted USB cable from Skyview to a female fitting on my panel front, and this works well for the USB stick as above, for flight plans, Jeppesen updates, and SV updates. I got sick of removing my panel top each time.

jakej

Brian

Thanks, I was aware of that & have been using FP3000 for many years. Did you use the black cable (part of the D37 loom) or the cable supplied with the filter kit ?

Jake J

BBGLASAIR

Hi Jake,  Yep, I used the D37 line, with USB socket, (as per original SV D37 kit), and extended that across to the back of the panel.  6" extension from www.frontx.com. Description: P1011-006 Type A.
I do have the D37 filter/capacitor dongle fitted as well. Worked well for headset noise removal.   Cheers

DBRV10

So how does the dynon take waypoints from FP3000 in? it will be an unidentified point in space I assume?

In my case I use FP3000 and have Dynon classic panels, with Garmin GPS for IFR ops.

In the RV7A I am flight testing it is just Skyview. No user waypoints at all.

If you could load a plan in, with a bunch of waypoints, in the plan, could you access them as a GOTO later? One big dodgy plan would be a data base then. I would be surprised if that worked though.

jakej

Hi Jake,  Yep, I used the D37 line, with USB socket, (as per original SV D37 kit), and extended that across to the back of the panel.  6" extension from www.frontx.com. Description: P1011-006 Type A.
I do have the D37 filter/capacitor dongle fitted as well. Worked well for headset noise removal.   Cheers

Hi Brian

My point is this - Dynon supply a USB cable with the Filter Kit, AFAIK you should remove the black USB cable and fit the new one supplied as it's part of the filtering system. ;)

Jake J

jakej

So how does the dynon take waypoints from FP3000 in? it will be an unidentified point in space I assume?

In my case I use FP3000 and have Dynon classic panels, with Garmin GPS for IFR ops.

In the RV7A I am flight testing it is just Skyview. No user waypoints at all.
If you could load a plan in, with a bunch of waypoints, in the plan, could you access them as a GOTO later? One big dodgy plan would be a data base then. I would be surprised if that worked though.

Worst thing you could have done David, now you'll have to remove your legacy units and install the SV's in the 10 ;D ;D

Jake J

BBGLASAIR

Jake, when I said the original Dynon D37 kit, I meant the original D37 harness "out of the box" with new Skyview. I got my D37 filter from Dynatech early on, when we were all waking up to this issue & before Dynon supplied them, so no black cable.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You didn't miss anything in the manual, but there are some posts here on the forum from us about this. Basically, a more robust user waypoint system is coming, but not in 3.2. One cool thing you can do in 3.2 is use the map pointer (cursor) to point anywhere on the map and direct-to or add any number of those points to a flight plan. They're not nameable / saveable except by exporting a flight plan to the USB stick, though, but it's a start.

trevpond

Hi,

The pointer method is an improvement, but only if there is something to point at on the map. We must have towns, unlicensed airfields and VRP's to be able to Navigate VFR in Europe. How are you getting on with the new mapping?

Trev

Jamie

We have been trying to get a user way point into our system.
google earth ver 6.0.3.2197 , dynon usr export ver 3.1.1
My pc is windows 7 ( 64bit )
The files loads ok into the dynon, but doesnt show up in the map pages ( nearest /usr tab ) So I had a look in loaded databases and found that it said " wrong version " for the file I loaded. Note im still in the 30 hrs trial mode.
Both SV are 3.1.1
any ideas ?
DS, I have sent you an Email with the DUP file I made.

mmarien

Murray M.
Dynon had the wrong version of the export program on the web page for a while after the 3.1 update. Try downloading the export program again. It may help to uninstall the old version from your computer before you install the new version. And as always with Windows, reboot your computer after the uninstall and again after you install the new version.

I know, I know, that's not the standard method but it's a nice cooling off period between accepting all the conditions required to install the software and gives you time to appease the cyberspace gods so everything will go as documented. ;)

Jamie

Dynon had the wrong version of the export program on the web page for a while after the 3.1 update. Try downloading the export program again. It may help to uninstall the old version from your computer before you install the new version. And as always with Windows, reboot your computer after the uninstall and again after you install the new version.

I know, I know, that's not the standard method but it's a nice cooling off period between accepting all the conditions required to install the software and gives you time to appease the cyberspace gods so everything will go as documented. ;)

I only installed the dynon software 3 days ago, have they changed it ?
this is the link I used: http://dynonavionics.com/downloads/DynonUSRExportSetup.msi Updated for SkyView Version 3.0 03/30/2011
will this one work with 3.1.1 ?

mmarien

Murray M.
It appears to be the same version as the one I'm using installed apr.24.2011. The wrong version of the software on the web page was when 3.0 was first released. dup files created with versions prior to 3.0 displayed "wrong version" on the SV when SV was updated to ver 3.0

I checked my files and the last time I used the export function was aug.17.2011 with SV 3.1.1 still in map trial version and it worked at that time. So I believe Dynon USR Export 3.0 does work with the latest SV version 3.1.1.

bignose

We have been trying to get a user way point into our system.
google earth ver 6.0.3.2197 , dynon usr export ver 3.1.1
My pc is windows 7 ( 64bit )
The files loads ok into the dynon, but doesnt show up in the map pages ( nearest /usr tab ) So I had a look in loaded databases and found that it said " wrong version " for the file I loaded. Note im still in the 30 hrs trial mode.
Both SV are 3.1.1
any ideas ?
DS, I have sent you an Email with the DUP file I made.

Exactly the same happens to me !!! Dynon User Export says: V.3.1.1(C)
The whole Skyview system is also 3.1.1 allready.
Possibly something to do with the 64 bits windows 7...

Jamie

Thanks for the reply. I will try and find a windows XP machine. ( 32 bit )
If anyone has the time could you make a DUP file for me.
I need airfield YCAB
Lat 27° 4'33.93"S
Long 152°59'14.32"E

email me:
jamie.qld AT gmail.com

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So we just tested here with the version that was on the site, on a 64 bit Win 7 system, with version 3.1.1, and everything works. Perhaps try uninstalling the Dynon USR utility, downloading it again, and reinstalling it.

Jamie

DS, would you be able to email me your working DUP file to the address above please. Still working on getting another PC to run Export.