v15.0.2 findings

S5_aero

I love flying!
hi,

tested the new v15.0.2 version of SV. i like new features. havent tested the W&B calc and the maintanence log yet.

what i found out when testing:
- the autopilot settings were different, when i make 180 turn on autopilot the plane started to dive rapidly like up to 1600ft/min (even truth the setting were max descent rate 300ft/min)  and when finished it was 500ft lower then beginning (did not change desirable altitude) this happen in every turn not only 180. this was on simplified autopilot mode. i adjusted the ratings in autopilot settings and now it is ok again. didn't expect any changes on autopilot side as change log doesn't indicate that.

-runway numbers on extended centerline could be the same size as all other map data text. would be easier to read.

-when navigating to runway extended centerline if you select it and press direct to the airplane goes wrong way it goes on oposite extended centerline and when reached it turns in correct direction but this means away from airport. see picture as the extended centerline 16 is selected and plane is headed on autopilot tracking hsi/alt on simplified setting. but i thing first time i tried it went correct. but iam not sure for this one. also tried to add runway extended centerline to flightplan on the last leg after last to airport leg but in this case after reaching airport plane proceded last curse and didn't join runway extended centerline.
screenshot-S5PEX-SN21618-15.0.2.4178-20161104-105306-291-en_US.jpg

-also don't know why there are dots in airspace proximity notification box see picture above

-also there is now frequency on info box when selecting airspace of airport. not sure if this was already on v14. saw it first time today.

-buttons on info menu and keyboard layout have bigger buttons on touchscreen. witch is good would also like to see bigger buttons on lower bar when inputing squak code or perhaps a popup window on the right side when transponder is selected for easier input on touchscreen.

-as in other thread the compas rose is squished together in vertical axis on horizontal it stayed the same as on v14. i don't like that hope is is bug and not intentional.
screenshot-S5PEX-SN04552-15.0.2.4178-20161104-104251-627-en_US.jpg

request for further features:
-if it is possible to create virtual plane in map with user selectable height (altitude) so it would show where the is terain higher than this plane or lower. so you could scroll the knob up and down and actualy see 3d terain. like now with red and yellow only this would be user selectable (perhaps mangenta colour). this would help when flying in mountain area with direction decision when cloud base is lower then mountains tops.

mitch757

After installing V15 I have a gray rectangular area on the lower right of my map screen which obscures even more of my map than the plus/minus signs. Any way to get rid of it?

B

BigFlapper

I have a gray rectangle on the right center of the map with 4 dashed lines. What is that and can it be removed?

Attachments

• Screenshot.pdf
    227.7 KB · Views: 155

jc2da

I thought of this earlier in v14, so not specific to v15. All of the above posts about the info boxes obscuring the map, could be resolved if we had a toggle on/off button for the info boxes. I too find all the info boxes around the map obscuring the very map itself. I would want the toggle button to be specific to the screen. I have 2 maps, one on each screen. One map is 100%. The other is 40 or 60%, and it is this one i would want to toggle on and off.

Have to bring up the other request for a Declutter button once again!!!  :'( :'( :'( Declutter button for the map items themselves, just like avidyne and garmin all have.

V15 installed perfectly. No test run. Hopefully, ill be able to test this weekend!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I have a gray rectangle on the right center of the map with 4 dashed lines. What is that and can it be removed?

After installing V15 I have a gray rectangular area on the lower right of my map screen which obscures even more of my map than the plus/minus signs.  Any way to get rid of it?

That will tell you about airspace proximity (what's above, what you're inside, what's ahead, and what's below, respectively). You can turn it off under MAP MENU > MAP ITEMS > AIRSPACE PROXIMITY.

preid

hi,

what i found out when testing:
- the autopilot settings were different, when i make 180 turn on autopilot the plane started to dive rapidly like up to 1600ft/min (even truth the setting were max descent rate 300ft/min)  and when finished it was 500ft lower then beginning (did not change desirable altitude) this happen in every turn not only 180. this was on simplified autopilot mode. i adjusted the ratings in autopilot settings and now it is ok again. didn't expect any changes on autopilot side as change log doesn't indicate that.

That is concerning. I really dont want to have to go out and recalibrate my Autopilot when its working flawlessly. Be interesting to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There should not have been any changes to the AP settings across upgrade, and the AP behavior hasn't changed either. There should be settings on your USB stick from before the upgrade. If you compare them to the settings you can export now, you should be able to see how different the AP settings are. If you're not familiar with the settings file, can you get in touch with our support team at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com so we can help understand what you are seeing?

krw5927

I love flying!
The checklists now accommodate exactly 1 fewer line than before. With V15, any checklists that previously fit perfectly on the screen now have 1 line you have to scroll down to see. There is extra space between the top of the screen and the first line of the checklist now.

This is potentially a safety issue if people miss the last item on their checklists (like "canopy closed & latched" or "aux fuel pump on", for instance).

carlp101

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!
Version 15.0.2 is looking good. I love the way they've designed the Highway In The Sky feature. A nice touch was adding the arrow heads to the edges of the boxes to indicate which direction to fly through them.

The new EGT/CHT display looks good.

The airspace information is a great new feature, but I think an important improvement would be to flash the airspace boarder you are going to infringe on the map from a configurable distance away based on your current altitude and track. You'd need an on-screen button to acknowledge you'd seen the warning and stop it flashing, or make it throb rather than flash.

All in all, very happy and still more to discover.

Attachments

• SkyView_v15.png
    SkyView_v15.png
    662.8 KB · Views: 147

carlp101

I did also manage to get the display in what appeared to be a different mode. I got the impression this is not supposed to happen. I've added a shot that shows it. Dynon, is this a new feature?

Attachments

• Odd_display_mode.png
    Odd_display_mode.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 155

carlp101

The Direct-To feature is really great now. I was flying on auto pilot to a field and the leg of my flight plan meant I'd be approaching the runway 20 degrees off track. Eight miles out I selected the runway and hit direct-to. The plane corrected it's course with an S movement to line-up and fly directly to the runway. It was smack-on track.

Attachments

• Direct_to_runway.png
    Direct_to_runway.png
    639.1 KB · Views: 153

tomkk

RV-12 ELSA
When does Airspace Proximity kick in? The screenshot shows me about 3 mi from Class C airspace but no proximity info. Do I misunderstand how it works?

Also, the runway numbers (12/30 & 05/23) are displayed 3 times for each runway extension. Is that normal?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I did also manage to get the display in what appeared to be a different mode. I got the impression this is not supposed to happen. I've added a shot that shows it. Dynon, is this a new feature?

Nope, that's a bug. How did you manage to get into that mode? Can you email a copy of your exported settings and a link to this thread to support at dynonavionics dot com?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
When does Airspace Proximity kick in? The screenshot shows me about 3 mi from Class C airspace but no proximity info. Do I misunderstand how it works?

Also, the runway numbers (12/30 & 05/23) are displayed 3 times for each runway extension. Is that normal?

It's not proximity, but whether you are currently in/above/below airspace, or whether you will be in it based on your current altitude and trajectory (5 minutes ahead, at your current altitude, +/- 500 feet). In your picture, your track won't intersect that C, so that's why the widget isn't piping up about it.

S5_aero

I love flying!
-buttons on info menu and keyboard layout have bigger buttons on touchscreen. witch is good would also like to see bigger buttons on lower bar when inputing squak code or perhaps a popup window on the right side when transponder is selected for easier input on touchscreen.
screenshot-YNF-SN22581-15_0_2_4178-20161110-140906-965-en_US.png

this is exacly what i was having in mind. so when you press xpndr this menu would pop up along with the normal button menu.

S

stede52

Two questions about V15:
1. Is the HITS available on the Skyview touch? if so I can't find it in the menus or any place in the manuals.
2. I was shown at Dynon that a specific runway can be highlighted when the extended runways are activated on either a direct-to or within a flight plan. When I specify a runway in the runway tab for that upcoming destination it doesn't highlight it on the map like I was shown. Is this feature available on the Skyview Touch?

preid

On carls photo the EMS screen seems to have removed the "C" of CHT. I heard from another upgrader that the new EGT/CHT format does not fit for a 6 cylinder display.
I have not upgraded based on concerns as I use that information significantly.
Can anyone with a 6 cylinder confirm they are seeing all information without any cut offs? Maybe a picture?
Thx

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Two questions about V15:
1. Is the HITS available on the Skyview touch? if so I can't find it in the menus or any place in the manuals.
2. I was shown at Dynon that a specific runway can be highlighted when the extended runways are activated on either a direct-to or within a flight plan. When I specify a runway in the runway tab for that upcoming destination it doesn't highlight it on the map like I was shown.  Is this feature available on the Skyview Touch? 

You should see runway extended centerlines for an airport when it is in your flight plan. You also need to be at a zoom level under the threshold set under MAP ITEMS > RUNWAY EXTENSIONS.

N941WR

I may have missed this but when flying with the HITS up, I flew out of the top and there were no direction arrows to tell me which way to move to get back to the HITS.