What Is The Best iPad App For SV

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
I will be running a Garmin gtn 650 and The Dynon SV system. What is the best iPad app to use for an avionics suite like I will be running?

I've used ForFlight and JeppView in the past and was happy with them however I am unaware of the features of other apps (FlightPlanGo, Garmin) out there ( especially ones that integrate well with Skyview) so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS

GWMotley

Experimental aircraft fan
I really like the FlyQ app. In fact I have a lifetime subscription which makes it easy the update the app AND Skyview for significant saving.

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
GWMotley

I have never heard of FlyQ before...looks interesting.

Does the FlyQ app have any integration with SV?

Can you see the ADS-B from SV and/or build/modify a flight plan/ rubber band a course on the app and then zap the revision to SV like you can with ForeFlight?

THANKS AGAIN for your suggestions

Raymo

I love aviation!
I've tried several, including Wing-X, FlyQ, FltPlanGo and Foreflight. I like ForeFlight the best but, for the money, FltPlanGo does a great job and both integrate with the SV system well.

I still have a ForeFlight subscript but keep FltPlanGo installed as a backup. Not as user friendly but gets the job done.

jlakins

I use Fly Q but since you have a GTN 650 I would lean toward Foreflight as it is capable of transferring flight plans bidirectionally, dynamic pitch and bank, and GPS information  with the GTN 650 as well as Dynon Skyview.
If one of the devices is equipped with ADS-B that info is transferred also.

Jimmie

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
I use Fly Q but since you have a GTN 650 I would lean toward Foreflight as it is capable of transferring flight plans bidirectionally, dynamic pitch and bank, and GPS information  with the GTN 650 as well as Dynon Skyview.
If one of the devices is equipped with ADS-B that info is transferred also.

Jimmie

Jimmy,

I was under the impression that the GTN-650 will not allow the Dynon to make changes into the GTN...is this true (new to this stuff)?

I have used Foreflight to rubberband flight leg changes and then press the uplink button and the new route gets zapped to SV and that is REALLY COOL...but how does the GTN get into the picture?

I will ask on a different thread...THANKS

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
He means that ForeFlight can both send and receive to SkyView. ForeFlight also has a capability to send/receive flight plans to the GTN (but that's a bit outside of the SkyView<>ForeFlight connectivity - you'll want to talk to ForeFlight or Garmin about that part).