what's next

jc2da

Resurrecting to keep feature requests in a single thread...

1. Would be great to have an option to display the full date with the time. I hate having to dig out my cellphone (no watch) just to get the date.

2. Initially, i really noticed the AOA tones. However, lately, my brain seems to be desensitized to the tone, and I barely notice it now. It would be great if i could have a separate volume control for just the AOA tones.

In addition, i notice the AOA alert volume is the same if in the yellow or in the red marks. If the volume was a notch or two higher in the RED, that might help, too.

Thanks,
Jae

st8frm

I love flying!
FAA requires a simple digital clock or sweeping hand (Timer) for IFR flight. Why can't we get a simple (Start-Stop-Reset) timer? Skyview seems to supply all the other required equipment, GRABCARD, (Within it's Limit) for IFR flight.
Don't get me wrong, weather, ADS-B, Advanced Auto-Pilot are all great (Especially Vertical Nav on Auto-Pilot), but none are required to fly IFR. Please don't mention using my watch. If you are a pilot, you understand that anytime you look away from your scan, In The Soup, life gets interesting. Easy fix for the brains at Dynon. Please add to next release. Thanks.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Technically, SkyView meets this requirement. It has a digital clock right at the top with seconds.

The issue with the timer is not the code to show the time, it's the UI. Where to bury a start/stop/reset/etc button(s) for the timer..? We've had a few sporadic requests for a timer over the years. I'll put your request on the pile.

airguy

Dynon - can you give us an update on the comm radio? Ballpark best guess for release? Spring/Summer/Fall next year?

I don't need hardware anytime soon - I need some indication so I know which path to pursue...

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Work continues on the comm - it's a very active project - but we don't have a release timeframe to share at the moment. We're closer getting to the point that we'll be saying more, though.

preid

One of the features I really like in the Garmin handheld GPS units is the descent planning... VERTICAL SPEED TO DESTINATION assuming TPA for airports.   

(current alt - wpt.TPA)/minutes-to-wpt

When I see that get to 500 (or as the GPS alerts me) the descent timing is perfect.  I just leave the trim where it is and pull back the power to match the prescribed descent rate.. very effective.

After flying 100+ hrs I agree this is a great feature I would like seen. I am currently estimating the distance and guessing how many miles I travel each minute than guess when I should start the descent only to have ATC stop me for a few miles than need to guess how many FPM I need to descend, always works out but it sure would help to have that information poulated for me.
Please add this to the list for future firmware release.
thx

lindsayj

Hope I'm not insulting intelligence but simple thumb rule on distance is: descent rate in minutes per thousand times groundspeed in nm per minute times the altitude in thousands you need to lose. In my RV, I usually descend at 2 minutes per thousand at about 3 miles per minute = 6 times the altitude I need to lose. So I usually multiply the altitude by 6 and that's the distance ATC ought to be calling for a descent. Doesn't work all the time but it's a pretty good reference and easy. For example if you're 150kts then multiply by 5, 120 then 4. If you're 180 kts and descend at 1000fpm then multiply by 3. Hope that helps while we wait. ;) Jack L.

preid

After flying around the south of the US last summer, I came to the conclusion that if I needed to land quickly (emergency) I would need to figure out all these calculations while trying to get the plane setup for a landing strip. Having a VS to destination allows me to figure out really quickly what I need to maintain to reach that spot, knowing that I need 200ft per minute with no engine tells me really quick I need to consider another option- NOW.
I used calculations the whole time I flew, and you are correct, when there is time for the descent planning,it works!

lindsayj

Well, I know my best engine out glide is about 1000 fpm and 90kts so if I multiply my alt agl in thousands by 1.5 I know about where I'll hit the ground + or -. While I wait... I also have AWM cones of safety on a tablet to help my brain which is almost dead in that situation. Jack