what's next

preid

1) Electronic checklists: self-explanatory. Even better, SMART electronic checklists that know what phase of flight you are in and will pull up the correct checklist. Could also be a safety enhancement in being tied to the EMS indications because it can prompt for the right emergency checklist.

This exists with the Vertical Power 200. Dynon did their piece in 3.2 now VP needs to get their end done and this will work just as you wanted.

CBarber

I think it may be emotional and the fact that I am only rated VFR but I look forward to cities/towns/roads etc. I think it is the way my mind works. When I look down it always pleases me to the same thing on the ground as I have found on my moving map, Anywhere Map has been the one I have used in the past.

Speaking of Anywhere Map (pretty sweet software BTW, I have it for really old school PDA and Windows computers), a feature I like on there are their "Rings of Safety". I guess NRST does about the same thing, but I liked seeing the green rings on the screen. Again, it provided a certain emotional comfort.

FWIW,

Chris Barber
Houston

mmarmol

1) Electronic checklists: self-explanatory. Even better, SMART electronic checklists that know what phase of flight you are in and will pull up the correct checklist. Could also be a safety enhancement in being tied to the EMS indications because it can prompt for the right emergency checklist.

This exists with the Vertical Power 200. Dynon did their piece in 3.2 now VP needs to get their end done and this will work just as you wanted.

Yes, while it would be nice if it is also integrated to the VP-X as it will increase the usefulness & safety of the system, most Skyview customers do NOT have a VP-X thus stand-alone Skyview support is optimal. Also, all of the engine information in the Skyview/VP-X setup comes from the Dynon EMS so it really wouldn't make sense for Vertical Power to provide that functionality.

Just a thought...

bignose

Would be nice to increase the contrast on the Water Line Symbology/ Attitude Indicator. Maybe changing the color to RED instead of yellow, wich sometimes almost disapear depending on the background color on Synthetic View.

rlmarshall

I'm in the planning stage for my panel and would appreciate some kind of time frame estimate for the second amp meter. I would use it to monitor amperage to my e-bus in addition to the standard main bus meter.
Thanks
Bob

PeterBain

I think it may be emotional and the fact that I am only rated VFR but I look forward to cities/towns/roads etc.  I think it is the way my mind works.  When I look down it always pleases me to  the same thing on the ground as I have found on my moving map, Anywhere Map has been the one I have used in the past.  

Speaking of Anywhere Map (pretty sweet software BTW, I have it for really old school PDA and Windows computers), a feature I like on there are their "Rings of Safety".  I guess NRST does about the same thing, but I liked seeing the green rings on the screen.  Again, it provided a certain emotional comfort.

FWIW,

Chris Barber
Houston
[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Jamie

Datalogging
Datalogging
Datalogging
Datalogging
Datalogging

ADAHRS data in the same file as engine data please.
It's extremly useful to know that the reason your CHTs started to drop because you can see exactly when you started your decent for example.

Also Voice alerting ;)

lindsayj

AUTOPILOT VNAV COUPLING
AUTOPILOT VNAV COUPLING
AUTOPILOT VNAV COUPLING
;D
Jack L

swaneymj

My priorities are:

GNS-430 routes cross-filled to Skyview

Autopilot/FD VNAV for descents and approaches.

ADSB-in capability (TIS-B and FIS-B) from an external receiver or UAT

Cities/towns/roads etc.

Data logging

Audio Alarms

Nice to have: video input display from a camera.  Could be useful for taxiing, particularly in a tail dragger.  The cost of FLIRs are really coming down too.

Thanks for making a great product.   :D

woneill

Ability to cross-fill flight plans to/from installed Garmin devices (e.g. 696)

Ability to command a Trutrac autopilot using the GPS signal and heading bug.

beno

My wishes:
- altitude AGL
- flight logging (flight time, engine time etc. in some simple computer readable format)
- audio alarms
- resizable fonts for EMS display
- ability to copy FPL from Garmin 695 to Skyview

mervg

With all of the potential interconnection with external equipment, both implimented and proposed, the 5 serial lines have become the limitation.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Dynon, are you considering a USB to serial port expander?

-Merv

preid

the 5 serial lines have become the limitation

yep, I have the same issue. No room for expansion, which I'll need in the next year.

mkbreezy

I would like to see an option to display time to next WP or time to final WP in one of the corners of the map display. The GPS altitude is not that useful. It also seems as if all waypoints in a flight plan are fly over. Could we get fly by turns and turn anticipation?

Thanks
Mike Kullenberg
RV9A
D1000

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Turns are in fact fly-by (with turn anticipation) by default. To check that, toggle overfly on a waypoint on by going to FPL MENU > TOGGLE OVERFLY for any selected waypoint in a flight plan.

We will be adding more widgets to select from in our next software version (no date for it yet).

lalnaes

I'd like to see:
[list bull-redball][*]A much improved base map with more accurate outlines and features such as place names, rivers, roads, etc.[/list][list bull-redball][*]Curent ground track information.[/list][list bull-redball][*]Course line in different color than magenta so as to stand out from class C and D air space.[/list]

trevpond

I'd like to see:A much improved base map with more accurate outlines and features such as place names, rivers, roads, etc.Curent ground track information.Course line in different color than magenta so as to stand out from class C and D air space.

lalnaes, Which country are you in?

Trev

Ham_Goulding

Until beno mentioned it I thought you had forgotten Altitude AGL. Please keep that on the list along with Geographical data for Europe and User Waypoint entry. Thanks.