WiFi adaptor not talking to iPad

N82JN

Today when I tried to upload a flight plan from Foreflight to SkyView HDX there was no WiFi signal to be found.
Is there a step here that I'm missing or is my WiFi adaptor malfunctioning?

Thanks.

Bob Y

Not sure what the error message would be, but if you have multiple HDXs, you need an adapter for each HDX. Just a guess.

RV8JD

You haven't given us much information to go on, but check the Wi-Fi's status and that Wi-Fi is enabled, per the Installation Guide, Pages 15-12 and 15-13:
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 8.02.18 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 8.02.27 PM.jpg

Last edited:

PhatRV

My issue with the is the Wifi not connecting while the aircraft is in flight. At the initial start of the Foreflight on my iPad, I was able to connect to the Dynon HDX. But about 1/2 way into the flight, when looking at the iPad, the network connection was disconnected. The aircraft position didn't appear on Foreflight and all the subsequent tracklog was lost.

Sometimes, the wifi connection reconnect but more often than not, the wifi went away until l powered back up the Dynon HDX on the ground before the next flight leg.

Biggiesauls

My issue with the is the Wifi not connecting while the aircraft is in flight. At the initial start of the Foreflight on my iPad, I was able to connect to the Dynon HDX. But about 1/2 way into the flight, when looking at the iPad, the network connection was disconnected. The aircraft position didn't appear on Foreflight and all the subsequent tracklog was lost.

Sometimes, the wifi connection reconnect but more often than not, the wifi went away until l powered back up the Dynon HDX on the ground before the next flight leg.
This happens on every flight of my RV-9A, dual HDX. No fix that I am aware of at this time.

PhatRV

This happens on every flight of my RV-9A, dual HDX. No fix that I am aware of at this time.
Thanks for the data point. I was afraid that only I had the problem. I have to use the Sentry unit again with Foreflight because I can't rely on the Dynon HDX for the connection.