WiFi Issues

rfazio1951

The WiFi issues appear to be consistent now that I have been watching it closely. I always wait to get the Skyview screens up and running before I turn on foreflight on the iPad. Once the screens are up and running I check that the iPad is connected in WiFi setup on the iPad. Sometimes it is, and sometimes not. When it is not connected I can see there is no listing for Skyview. I shutdown the WiFi switch on the iPad and turn it back on, no WiFi. I go into the setup on the Skyview, change the password, and up pops the WiFi on the ipad. Of course now the password is incorrect, I change it and I'm connected.

Raymo

I love aviation!
I'm not sure the CAT-5 cable between the screens is involved but you might try swapping it for another one.

rfazio1951

Wow, where did that come from? Easy enough, but what would make you think that has anything to do with it?

Raymo

I love aviation!
Wow, where did that come from? Easy enough, but what would make you think that has anything to do with it?
It is also part of the network that allows two screens to share data. Without it, you have to update each screen individually each month for the FAA updates. Like I said, might be unrelated to your issue but easy enough to try.

rfazio1951

Well I update works perfectly, load on one screen and the other updates also. Never had an issue with that.