ForeFlight connection issues with WiFi SkyView classic

rfsolutions

I love flying!
Just loaded 15.4.7 and now my IPad running ForeFlight won’t stay connected? Keeps giving me wrong password message. If I reboot the screen I can connect for a minute or two then it disconnects? Didn’t have the problem before I loaded the new software?

Last edited:

rfsolutions

I love flying!
Try "forgetting" the Skyview WiFi on the iPad and re-connecting fresh.
That’s not the problem. I forgot the Skyvew and even changed the password. It’s starting to look like the Dynon ADS-B receiver may be causing my problem? ForeFlight is looking into the issue. Dynon suggested turning off the Bluetooth? Basically Dynon was no help on this! I never had problems before the 15.4.7 update.

Last edited:

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We don't think we have a widespread issue here, otherwise we'd be deluged in calls and emails about this. But we do want to help get to the bottom of this. I think you're in touch with our support team (correct me if that's not the case), so we'll continue the conversation there.

Lon

I too have a problem with ForeFlight connecting to my HDX and dropping the signal about 20 minutes into the flight. I then took my iPad with me in a friend’s airplane which has a G3X Touch that communicates with ForeFlight using Bluetooth (rather than Wifi), and ForeFlight also dropped that signal while in flight.

I have been using an X-Naught — a case that contains battery powered fans — to keep my iPad from overheating. It works perfectly to prevent overheating. But now I’m wondering whether the batteries or the fans are creating interference with the Wifi and Bluetooth signals. Yesterday I flew without using the X-Naught, and the HDX signal was not dropped. But yesterday’s flight was a short one, so I may not have gotten to the drop-signal time.

I never had a dropped-signal problem when I used a Bad Elf external GPS. But I wore the Bad Elf around my neck so its signal hit the top of my iPad, from above the batteries and fan, while the HDX signal hits the iPad from below the battery and fan. Does battery or fan interference sound like a possible dropped-signal cause?

bjammann

I have the same problem with my Ipad with Foreflight and my Skyview Touch. It will be fine on the ground. I send my flight plan from Foreflight to Skyview. Today, I took off and a few minutes into the flight it was still working. You can tell that it is connected because there is a + sign on Foreflight. About 10 minutes into the flight, I checked again and they were not connected. And there is no way to get it reconnected. I try to reconnect to the wifi, but it says the password is incorrect.

rfazio1951

Mine was working fine, dual screens, dual WiFi cubes in them. All of a sudden I’m getting wrong password? I forgot it, changed it, can’t get it to connect. Nothing changed, no new software just stopped connecting. This on two flights. I’ll go out again and it will be fine, probably.

JTD

I have had the wrong password notification randomly for 2 years. Sometimes it automatically connects, other times it won’t. When it won’t, no amount of password attempts will get you logged on.

rfazio1951

I tried pulling 1 WiFi module out and shutting off that screen. Instant connection. I can’t get it to connect with two screens at all. Used to work fine. I’m thinking one WiFi module is bad. Going to do more detective work the next time I’m at the airport.

rfazio1951

I tried again to WIFI into the skyviews. After trying with one screen off connecting and then trying two screens it worked. Then ready to take off, two screens, no connection. In the air, no connection. The same issue... incorrect password. Back on the ground one screen instant connection. Two working again... try again.. incorrect password?