10" Classic to HDX Upgrade

TouchTheSky

I love flying!
Can someone point me to the upgrade plate that is required to retrofit 10" Classic with an HDX? I remember that I have seen it before ...

airguy

Can someone point me to the upgrade plate that is required to retrofit 10" Classic with an HDX? I remember that I have seen it before ...
There's not a plate required, but there is one available.

The Classic uses 6 mount holes and the HDX uses 4. The top holes are used on both units, and the HDX needs one new set of holes/nutplates installed for its bottom holes. The middle and lower holes from the Classic are abandoned and not used, and are covered by the edge of the HDX.

The HDX does not quite occupy all the vertical space that the Classic did however - so there is a slight gap at the bottom below the new HDX underneath the button lip. Dynon has a retrofit plate that can optionally be installed to cover that gap, but it's certainly not required.

TouchTheSky

I love flying!
Alright, so not 100% plug-and-play then - new set of button holes/nutplates required. Probably a good idea to ask my local Dynon representative ...

GlastarJohn

Alright, so not 100% plug-and-play then - new set of button holes/nutplates required. Probably a good idea to ask my local Dynon representative ...
Took less than 2 hrs for me to make the physical changes. Took some time for me to get custom guages to display as I wanted in the EMS for example I have a second amp sensor for my backup alternator on the vacuum pad. This did not transfer over from the classic display also I had to retune the autopilot settings