ADS-B "IN" not working?

Sportsman7064

I was on a cross-country flight over the weekend from CT to AR and throughout the flight (in severe clear) the ADS-B seemed not to be getting the IN information for either traffic or weather. No radar "age" (red blanks), no TAFs or METARs for airports ahead. I've not seen this before... Is there a way to check the status/health of the ADS-B IN module? I got no other error messages. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 289

Raymo

I love aviation!
No Radar = no triggering of ground station sending of wx or traffic. You'd only see traffic if they had OUT and were near enough to receive / display.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
I was on a cross-country flight over the weekend from CT to AR and throughout the flight (in severe clear) the ADS-B seemed not to be getting the IN information for either traffic or weather. No radar "age" (red blanks), no TAFs or METARs for airports ahead. I've not seen this before... Is there a way to check the status/health of the ADS-B IN module? I got no other error messages. Thanks!
If you go into setup there is an ADSB menu that has all the info you need about status.

SETUP > ADSB STATUS

Also, just to be clear....if you are in contact with a ground station you will always get weather regardless of your ADSB Out Status. It would be nice to see the status screen in this case. If you haven't flown more than 1 hour since the flight, I can look at the diagnostic files to see what was going on.

Sportsman7064

Sorry, Don, just got you response. I have flown for more than an hour since, but the condition remains. I'll swing by the hangar today and check the ADSB STATUS screen and pull the diagnostic files onto a thumb-drive...

Sportsman7064

Just uploaded the file. Let me know what you think when you have a chance to look. Thanks!!
If you go into setup there is an ADSB menu that has all the info you need about status.

SETUP > ADSB STATUS

Also, just to be clear....if you are in contact with a ground station you will always get weather regardless of your ADSB Out Status. It would be nice to see the status screen in this case. If you haven't flown more than 1 hour since the flight, I can look at the diagnostic files to see what was going on.
Any thoughts on the data provided?

Thanks

djones

Administrator
Staff member
So this is likely going to need some equipment repair. If you can shoot me an e-mail at support@dynonavionics.com or call our
new support phone number 425-224-6736 we can set something up.

clippers7s

I am new to this forum. This may not be the correct format for posting - apology in advance. I am also not receiving ADS-B IN. I did receive the attached out report. From what I read my out is good. I will figure out how to download a diagnostic and post it - looking for any assistance.

Attachments

• PAPR_20191129_A92A4A_415277146.pdf
    201.7 KB · Views: 276

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Anything red in that report is something that isn't performing as it should. In this case, you should be able to fix this issue by going to the transponder setup and ensuring that AUTO ALT/GND is set to to AUTOMATIC (AIR DATA).

FDNut

I love flying!
Hi. I have an issue where in cold weather (I live in Massachusetts) my ADSB-In is not working from start up to shutdown on some flights. I get a message that says ADSB-In Offline right at start-up. No weather or ADSB traffic during flight. Only happens in cold weather. Used to not happen if I plugged in my Tanis but now seems to happen on every winter flight. No issues during summer. Yesterday after 90 min flight I shut down entirely and then restarted. Message did not appear. Have you seen this before?